TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 New to TMS/ is this normal
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pete

1 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  06:44:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi. I have been having joint/muscle pain in my groin, shoulder, and elbow for years. I also have reflux/and stomach trouble. I read Sarno's books and went to see him last week. Not sure what to make of it. I feel like a had a good childhood. He has me journaling everyday. When I remember and write down things from when I was a kid to the present that bother me, I start feeling anger. Is this just a normal reaction or could it actually be repressed feelings coming out?

Any input greatly appreciated. Also curious how long it took a lot of you to feel better.

Thanks

mizlorinj

USA
490 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  14:25:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Pete. I thought I had a great childhood too till while I was stuck on my back for weeks I really thought about things. Like being deprived of sweets (mom thought it was the better way to go), being coerced to do family things, etc. and in retrospect, those things made me angry! Teenager things I won't get into as I was raised in a strict religious household. Lots of rebellion going on there and anger for being "controlled." As I started my list I could not believe how much I was writing. Not that I wasn't happy. I had a lot of fun too and great family memories. But the things that angered or saddened me were there too. Felt good to write them and express the real feelings.
I asked Dr. Sarno at last week's lecture about the same thing--I felt real anger and sadness and had HOW DARE YOU moments when writing. He said it appears some of the unconscious could have risen to the conscious as I attacked it. Therefore, I was able to clear some of those things out! How wonderful! I like how he said in the DVD from 1999 (mind/body prescrip) "you're not coming out [unconscious], so we're going in!" I feel that's what I did. I accept that some things may never be conscious or come out. That's ok.

Regarding how long, I was on Dr. Sarno's floor when I saw him January 3rd as I could not sit and hardly walk. By the weekend I was able to dress myself, take quick walks to the bedroom from the kitchen. Following week little bits of progress. By the second weekend I was able to walk for longer periods of time, and finally SIT!! I had not been able to sit pain-free for 6 weeks. So it wasn't what I'd call quick, but fast enough (though it wasn't at the time!).
Doing much better now.
Hope this helps you.
Go to Top of Page

floorten

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  03:53:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's perfectly normal, and actually a good sign. Stick at it!

--
"What the Thinker thinks, the Prover proves."
Robert Anton Wilson
Go to Top of Page

HelenB

17 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  15:07:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow,

You guys really have great insight.

You know, the rest of us are terribly jealous we can't just haul off and see Sarno. Kudos to you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000