TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Jaw pain: infection or TMS?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rory24

2 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  13:36:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
I posted weeks ago about my success with The Mindbody Prescription. I've remained completely painfree in my back, legs, knees, everywhere that was bothering me for months. However, I recently started having pain in the right side of my jaw. I had surgery there, and the fear and $$ associated was the trigger for my TMS. I've been pain free from my primary TMS symptoms for about a month now.

I'm scared that this jaw pain is recurring infection and not TMS, and as well all know, the key to getting rid of TMS pain is believing that it is TMS! The problem is that I had this pain when I had the horrible jaw infection, and there's no way to know whether that pain was due to infection or concurrent TMS.

I have a regular dentist appointment next week, so I will definitely be asking then, but I don't want to get back into the cycle of pain and anxiety and TMS. What do you do?

I've been trying to say...there's no pain on drinking hot or cold things. It doesn't hurt to eat. It hurts very randomly off and on, and never while sleeping. This helps some, but I still worry, and that has the potential to start a new cycle.

Thanks!
Rory

HelenB

17 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  13:59:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm no Dr, that's for sure, but infections don't tend to be easily ignored.

Infection is usually accompanied by a rise in body temperature. Of course, it needs to be checked out, but I wouldn't worry too much.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000