TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 burning tongue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

donia

25 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  19:56:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have this burning tongue and mouth for 5 months now along with my tmj problem but it increased so severly about three weeks ago and i can not eat or talk it is very painful of course i went to the doctor to check me and no thing found!
is this tms and how they say it is the seventh nerve damage !!!!!! from what from the tmj problem.
i keeping getting new mystries that does not go away and no one know about it
my husband recomend to go to my country for rest a few months but there is no tmj doctor there
do u think it is worth it?

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  23:06:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Take the vacation Donia. Many people here report their symptoms improve on vacation. I just returned from a nice road-trip and feel revitalized. Hit the beach. If it's TMS, you don't need no TMJ doc.
Go to Top of Page

dwinsor52

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  12:17:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reading Dr. Sopher's book. It talks about burning mouth syndrome and how it's the latest new TMS manifestation. I had it as well as a painful nose.
Go to Top of Page

MichaelB

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2015 :  22:54:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI Donia,

I have had in the past also a burning tongue, sometimes called geographic tongue. I am getting it again, even so not as bad as before. I agree with getting away from it all. Relaxation is probably the answer, plus the B-12 is also a good idea. Best of luck. And I will follow up
on you and see how you are doing.
Go to Top of Page

RageSootheRatio

Canada
430 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2015 :  23:03:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had burning tongue syndrome for years and years and years now. Taking B12 did nothing for me. I suppose I treat it as "tms" but that hasn't helped either. Mine waxes and wanes; some moments it's terrible and very painful; other times a little better. However it's never gotten so bad that I haven't been able to eat or talk. Chewing gum does help the symptoms when it's really bothering me, sometimes. One of my doctors thought it was an "allergy" and I do find that heated oils and wheat seems to make it worse, sometimes. Generally I guess I just try to ignore it.

I used to have TMJ but that resolved years ago.

Edited by - RageSootheRatio on 11/09/2015 23:05:43
Go to Top of Page

RageSootheRatio

Canada
430 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2015 :  23:09:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
donia - about "going to your country for rest a few months" .. do you think if you were there you would be substantially more "relaxed" than staying where-ever you currently are? (Because one can take one's "strain" and stresses where-ever one goes... )

If you haven't seen Ace1's long post on "strain" you might read it and see if you recognize yourself or not:

http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7765

That might help you decide whether or not leaving the country would be worth trying or not.

~RSR
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2015 :  08:38:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Wherever you go, there you are." BTW this is an old post from 2007, you might want to PM her to let her know you've replied, hopefully she's TMS "cured" by now.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000