TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 trigger points and tms
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

badger

4 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2007 :  09:47:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi!

Briefly-Ive had RSI very badly from pc use and lifting for 2 years now-nothing has worked as regards treatment (physio/osteopath/chiropractor.etc.etc)

I've always suspected a mind/body connection as i was very stressed/anxious when all this started.out of nowhere and this week purchased both of DR.Sarno's books. The pain only gets really bad when I write/use pc/carry out certain movements.

My worry is that down my back I have large trigger points that can actually be felt and touched by deep tissue massage and i feel them pull and hurt when i do certain movements. In Dr Sarno's book he says that tigger points often remain even when tms has gone-does he mean that they remain without pain? ie-if my painful arms and neck recover will the trigger points that seem to be tms induced stop hurting too? they must be the result of stress because they appeared down my back (along with sciatica)months after my rsi on my shoulder/arms.

if i lift certain objects or carry out certain movements/postures-for example-play guitar-i feel the pain from the largest trigger points and it goes down my leg(sciatica) and into my neck/head.

Any ideas? thanks

Penny

USA
364 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2007 :  10:25:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to our group, Badger.

Yes, it's entirely possible to have imflamed trigger points without pain. It's also possible to be pain-free with documented nerve damage, or ruptured disks and other medically diagnosed conditions/tests that are all caused by TMS. Personally I got over a long list of probs including CTS using Sarno's books, SO CAN YOU! My doc insisted that only surgery on both my wrists to end my pain and the "severe nerve damage". I have NOT had surgery and have recovered fully from RSI.

You have to ignore the pain and retrain your brain. Shift your focus away from the pain and onto things you may be repressing, emotions that you may not want to deal with (anger, rage, fear, sadness, frustration etc.).

Check out these other sources for RSI recovery
http://www.rsi.deas.harvard.edu/mb_what_is.html
http://conquerrsi.com/

And be sure to listen to the recent Sarno interview at
http://podcast.wor710.com/wor/384249.mp3

My RSI vanished quickly after learning about TMS. Once in a while I get a stabbing pain in my wrists. This used to level me, but NOW I tell it to go away and ponder what may be bothering my subconscious. I ignore it and type anyway thru the pain. I try really hard not to let the physical pain stop me from doing anything that I want to do.

There are some amazingly awesome caring people here, many of whom recovered from RSI. You are in great company!

>|< Penny
Non illigitamus carborundum.
Go to Top of Page

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2007 :  14:27:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Badger, yes, the trigger points may stay or go but the pain will go.

Do a search on the forum for RSI and you'll find many helpful posts.

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page

badger

4 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2007 :  05:38:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for that
Go to Top of Page

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2007 :  07:50:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yes, and another good webpage if you haven't seen it is http://podolsky.everybody.org/rsi/.

My and HilaryN's and others' SucessStory (recovery story) stuff is around here somewhere if you search for "SuccessStory" (no quotes, exactly like that with no space) and RSI.

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000