TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 back to exercise with the powerplate
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

FlyByNight

Canada
209 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2007 :  13:31:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all

For those who (along with their journaling , etc ) would like to get back to full exercice but fear it or are unable to overcome the initial pain flare ups created by exercising muscles that did not move for months or years, I thought that you might be interested in the Powerplate (www.powerplate.com)

Bascically, this it is a new training device designed to perform full body muscular training by recruiting the supeficial muscles of the body and the deep core muscles as well at the same timg without you thinking about it. the 30-50hz vibration of the plate does create 30-50 reflex muscle contration per second of ALL MUSCLES in the body ...

I gave it a try this moring as I was unable to use some deep core muscles correctly within my normal work and running out because they are deeply affected by my TMS and are in constant spasms.

For the first time in 2 years, the pain subsided this afternoon and and I feel that the deep muscles of my neck are getting back to life without pain !!! WOW ...

I plan to replace the elliptic running machine by powerplate sessions in my recovery. After 15 minutes of powerplate my legs feel as if I ran a whole semi marathon .

P.

Edited by - FlyByNight on 04/24/2007 13:31:53

sensei adam rostocki

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2007 :  16:42:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a severe critic of this technology. It has little objective proof that it does anything to work out muscles, as simply contracting a muscle by some type of current does not provide the same type of contraction as actual exercise. This technology has been linked to a variety of health concerns including heart attacks, aneurysms and blood clots, as well as many others...

I know a martial arts teacher who used a similar technology for years on the advice of the late Bruce Lee. The electro-muscle stimulation did not do much for his conditioning, but it did cause permanent nerve damage that left him with a noticeable trembling in several parts of his body.

As a Certified Personal Trainer and fitness professional with decades of experience, I would avoid it like the plague. -Sensei

CURE-BACK-PAIN(dot)ORG
Go to Top of Page

FlyByNight

Canada
209 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2007 :  07:43:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow Sensei. thanx a lot for this wisdom. After reading your reply I was thinking of deleting this thread, but maybe its better to let it there as a warning for others as the powerplate is now entering north america as a Tsunami.

P.
Go to Top of Page

sensei adam rostocki

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2007 :  08:13:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have seen these types of products come and go during my 30 years in the martial arts. I do not mean to say that they are always inherently dangerous, but they can be to some individuals. I have never seen one that lives up to its promises and they usually wind up being overpriced dustcollectors and/or substitute cloths racks...lol. My motto has always been, "There is no shortcut to being in good shape". This includes: miracle drugs, equipment or programs. If it seems to good to be true, it generally is...Peace.

CURE-BACK-PAIN(dot)ORG

Edited by - sensei adam rostocki on 04/26/2007 08:14:15
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2007 :  08:22:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Newsflash

Your back is strong the way it is and there is no need for some new fangled gadget to make it stronger. Just carry an old lady accross the street once in awhile.

Sarno-ize it!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000