TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Three Steps Forward, One Step Back
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LitaM

Canada
54 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2007 :  10:28:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Finally my back was becoming almost pain free in the mornings. Then my 10 year old son was in a fight at school, he was bullied into it. Trouble with the school, and to top it off he is a really sensitive child. Very intuitive and can read adults very accurately. My husand and I talked with his teacher since she has been mean to him the last few days since the school investigation into the entire bullying problem in his grade. She was a total bi*@%. Unbelievable, the teacher is always right and the child wrong. She basically said that he wants to be treated like a junior kindergartener and should thicken his skin and get some counselling to help him not be so sensitive. I wanted to walk out so many times, but only stayed because my son has 2 months to finish. It would be a waste of time to go to the vice principal, I had already talked to her about the teachers behaviour before I spoke with the teacher. All they do is cover one another's asses, and look like they are doing something incase something bad really happens.
Sorry to ramble, since Monday, I can feel all of me errectors tightening up, and my traps. I can see how this is totally TMS, my reservoir is overflowing. Thanks for letting me share.

skizzik

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2007 :  11:38:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good job correlating the tms w/ the tension.
Perhaps however, from what I'm seeing, some of the tension may be w/ knowing how sensitive your son is. And that as a perfectionist/protectionist you feel you have to gaurd him causing the cycle of pain. I'm glad he stepped up and fought back. Maybe instead of arguing w/ the idiot authority that that school seems to have, your efforts could be in encouraging the fight back behavior in your son. Maybe you're enabling the cautious side of him too much? Even if you pull him out of "that" school, there's bullying everywhere.
Unless he steps up, like it appears he's starting to, he may be on these boards in 20 yrs claiming he let himself be bullied.
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2007 :  13:21:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Lita,
Sorry to hear about this..You are in a tough position..I can see how this would really be enraging..It's good to talk about it on here and journal and pray or meditate about it too...I bet your son is a cutie! That is a great age! The whole bureaucratic BS in the school systems is very hard to deal with..I know it will all work out okay!
Hugs,
Karen
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000