TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 man am I a case
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cfhunter

119 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2007 :  13:02:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am going through serious mouth JUNK right now and all of a sudden I get TMJ and LUMP in the throat symptoms.
Unreal.
So to cap it off in the past 6 years I have had:
-Chronic Plantar Fasciitis
-Burning feet
-Neuroma on my left foot
-Piriforums syndrome in both sides (had surgery on one side which did NOTHING but leave a beauty of a scar 6 inches long on my rear!)
-Tinnitus
-Carpal Tunnel in both wrists
-Tooth pain throughout whole mouth

All of these things have been resolved at one period or another except now I am having major TMJ pain and that darn lump in the throat.
This TMS stuff is really becoming a pain....wonder why I am not just purging the heck out of my issues!!??!!
Anyone have any "effective phrases" they use to get through the tough moments?

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2007 :  22:10:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That lump in the throat deal is called something funny (not) like 'Globulus Hystericus'....
It was one of the first symptoms that the Regular medical field finally had to admit (albeit begrudgingly)is 100% psychological.I suppose too many people with it had no pathology of discernible diagnosis

I have had it off and on for a few years. Of course the first time I got it I was certain I had throat cancer and would be dead any minute.After I didn't die, It is one of the few symptoms of TMS that is a moment to moment day to day thing, though some of the early bouts went on for a while until I realized what it was (tms)...it's good and scary like any TMS symptom ought to be.

TMS will go after any system in your body..

How many of these are you getting simultaneously or back to back? You sound like you're where I am right now...don't fret. You'll reach 'threshhold' and have some sort of new awareness that will shut it down and get you back to normal, though I'm sure while it's going on it is a pain in the ass (apparently literally in your case)

hang in there and read, vent and speculate. I'm not sure if we ever get the exact reason, but the actual process itself seems to be what makes the symptoms vanish

BB65

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.
Go to Top of Page

cfhunter

119 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2007 :  13:16:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Baseball~

Yes I JUST read about Globus Hystericus again last week...thought nothing of it as I had NEVER had this symptom then WHAM. There it is this week.
I am getting one thing after the other after the other lately.
The worst thing I have going on right now is my teeth.....I have had major tooth pain and found out I had a fracture in one. Got the root canal partially done as the infection was so bad they wanted to wait and the darn thing won't stop hurting even now after two prescriptions. I have been to the dentist several times for the other side hurting nad JUST was told I grind my teeth in the night and probably all day.
Well lo and behold...I have ALL the symptoms of bruxing (including the flat teeth they showed me the other day with the contact paper) and I got the night guard made. I don't believe it is a "way" to stea l my money or anything like that...it is the same thing my mom has and hers has helped the sensitivity in her teeth tremendously and probably spared her a few root canals.
I am just PISSED about this one tooth not calming down and wondering if it is going to be able to saved or if my TMS is causing it to hurt.
SO the answer is...I have butt pain one day along with tooth pain, the butt pain is from running which I NEVER stop doing and it goes away, I have intermittent foot pain that TOO goes away when I remind myself that it is just trying to STOP me from running etc. Then one day I feel super and WHAM-throat lump. It's absurd.
I have had a HUGE amount of stress lately. HUGE and I have had more symptoms and crap happen to my body in the last few months then I ever have.
Part of my struggle is "wHY is this stuff worse when I am under unreal stress if what I am pissed about is from my past"???

Are you struggling with more than one thing too??? Am I not the only mess around here?
Go to Top of Page

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2007 :  13:43:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bruxating is usually tension-induced. It's a little like the standard neck/shoulder tightness or tension headaches that are such common manifestations of minor TMS. Nightguards do make sense because the behavior is hard to stop since it occurs at night and does have detrimental effects on the teeth, but eventually you may want to see if you can address the symptom at its source.

I've been having random tooth pain lately which was stuck in one place but I eventually decided that was crap and it started moving around. My phrase for strange pain is "This doesn't make any sense, so it must be TMS." :-)

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page

joela

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  19:55:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had the lump in the throat for about six months. I am a patient of Dr. Sarno and when I figured out it may be psychologically induced it was gone! Still can not get rid of the tinnitus though.
Go to Top of Page

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  20:55:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cfhunter

Hi Baseball~

I am just PISSED about this one tooth not calming down and wondering if it is going to be able to saved or if my TMS is causing it to hurt.
SO the answer is...I have butt pain one day along with tooth pain, the butt pain is from running which I NEVER stop doing and it goes away, I have intermittent foot pain that TOO goes away when I remind myself that it is just trying to STOP me from running etc. Then one day I feel super and WHAM-throat lump. It's absurd.
I have had a HUGE amount of stress lately. HUGE and I have had more symptoms and crap happen to my body in the last few months then I ever have.
Part of my struggle is "wHY is this stuff worse when I am under unreal stress if what I am pissed about is from my past"???

Are you struggling with more than one thing too??? Am I not the only mess around here?

Having multiple issues at once is not unusual. When the Daemon is looking for a place to snuggle up and get comfy he'll often poke around in a few places. I have had stuff jump around and I have had it in stereo as well.
I just posted on the other throat-lump thread about that. Funny.. I too just went through a long ordeal with a tooth. It really was cracked and did have to come out, but I was so distracted by the pain from it that my shoulder pain temporarily evaporated.
In fact, that was one of the first signs that the shoulder was TMS.

My shoulder hadn't hurt for weeks.It had subsided to an oocasional dull ache. Than I was working for a manager who is a straight up, stone cold jerk. I hate the guy, but have to pretend I don't.
We went to move some tables that weigh about 100 pounds each. I thought he was going to help me carry it up the 3 flights of stairs and gymnasium stands, but he merely opened the door where they were stored and indicated 'There they are'...sort of implying I was on my own
Just to spite him, I hoisted it over my head. The pain which had been gone for weeks became a literal burst of fire (CLUE).. I carried the table over my head about 200 yards, up flights of steps.

Than I went home and got out the book.

That was about 5 weeks ago.

I had a bit of an 'aha' moment today. I realized that in spite of being responsible and adult on the outside that I am a selfish 6 year old on the inside. As soon as I had that thought, my shoulder which had been bugging again (mildly) almost instantly subsided. I had a throwing workout and lifted weights today pain free, but every time I am not 'thinking psychological' it sort of creeps back.

I had to shut off the radio when they were talking about Mark Mulders surgery and Roger Clemens elbow (ouch... that hurt to type)

I meant what I wrote in my other post.... I wonder if my body wants to keep this one around because it's not as scary as some of the other ones I've fought (asthma,the throat thing...really scary)

It's been really educational checking back in on the forum. I went through a lot of the stuff that's being discussed right now by myself away from the forum. The throat thing,panic attacks, asthma, hip, and some Gnarly bouts of OCD.... I think OCD is one of the most destructive because when you're immersed in it there is No respite.

-bb65

Edited by - Baseball65 on 09/05/2007 20:58:13
Go to Top of Page

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  00:50:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I realized that in spite of being responsible and adult on the outside that I am a selfish 6 year old on the inside.

One of the most profoundly liberating things I've learned from doing TMS work is that not only is this true for me, it's true for everyone!

--
Go to Top of Page

DrGUID

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  08:25:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by armchairlinguist

quote:
I realized that in spite of being responsible and adult on the outside that I am a selfish 6 year old on the inside.

One of the most profoundly liberating things I've learned from doing TMS work is that not only is this true for me, it's true for everyone!

--

Indeed. While I'm doing my day job, keeping my small business afloat and travelling the world, I get the impression my unconsious self would rather be sitting on the sofa watching the TV and eating cookies. I think this is where my TMS problems originate from .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000