TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 A few ways to express repressed amotions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mando1

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  15:59:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
can anyone give me any advice on how i can go through my repressed emotions so they wopnt be repressed anymore please.

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  18:19:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's important to remember if you want to go this route: it may take some or a lot of time, may be extremely painful, and may not even be possible for some emotions that are buried deeply.

It's not always essential to directly feel and release the emotions. Sometimes all you need to do is think about what emotions may be there, and acknowledge that you have repressed emotions. If that isn't helping enough/at all, then you can move on to deeper work.

Have you tried journaling? If so, where are you with that? Have you thought of sources of possible repressed emotions?

If you haven't gotten far with journaling, then I would recommend staying with that for a while. You can do things like thinking of past situations that were emotionally significant and revisiting them, writing a 'life history' that focuses on your emotions rather than events in themselves, and writing about relationships that trouble you. Try to write very directly without too much filtering by the ego-mind.

Other than that:
If you remember your dreams, write them down; they may trigger repressed emotions.
If you are a visual person, you can draw images that are meaningful to you and this may give you access that words wouldn't.
Try hitting a pillow when you are feeling angry, and see what comes up, if anything comes up beyond whatever got you angry in the first place.
Try to remain aware if things are coming up for you in the course of day-to-day conflicts, especially if you have any conflicts that are frequent, repetitive, or seem 'familiar' or patterned.

You can't really force this process; it seems to happen naturally if you are working to be aware of possible issues and open to the possibility that your experiences may trigger something. If you look at my past posts, I've been triggered by TV episodes, books, and just walking along thinking.

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000