TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 What does AOS stand for?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

justme

63 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  12:44:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
saw the acronym used on the site, but dont know what it stands for - thinking something to do with autonomic nervous system

Thanks

Just me

Littlebird

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  15:49:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dr. Brady uses this term for what Dr. Sarno calls TMS. AOS stands for Autonomic Overload Syndrome. In his book, Pain Free for Life, Brady says he formulated the AOS term "to describe the physiological process that results in different types of chronic pain."
Go to Top of Page

vrampen78

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  21:36:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...what Littlebird said. Just wanted to put my two cents in...I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Brady's book. Especially if you are having trouble getting into the journaling 'thing' or if you are taking a more spiritual route with TMS/AOS.

-Veronica

"Trying is Failing with Honor"

"Mediocrity always attacks excellence"
Go to Top of Page

justme

63 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2007 :  09:05:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, I think I will order Brady's book. I do have trouble journalling, for several reasons: lack of privacy, fear of obssessing too much about my symptoms. I also really like books with a spiritual bent to them.

I have a really good article I found about the autonomic nervous system. I will try to find an online ref to it and post it here.

Just ME
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000