TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Need some opinions on this
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

johnaccardi

USA
182 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  08:00:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone,

My name is John, I'm a 19 year old college student.
I read "The Divided Mind" by Dr. Sarno and could relate to a lot of what he was talking about(being a perfectionist and people pleaser). This is what brings me to believe I have TMS equivilants. About 5 months ago when I moved away to college I suddenly developed a dry mouth. It was extremily bothersome(and still is) and I obsessed about it. After a month went by and this wasn't going away I went to see a doctor who mentioned the word Sjogren's Syndrome, he didn't say I had it, he just mentioned it. I started looking this syndrome up on the internet, finding all the related symptoms, which dry mouth was one. A few weeks later I started developing the other symptoms related to this disorder like dry eyes, dry skin, joint pain, and numbness. For the past several months I have been extremily scared that I have this syndrome(because it's chronic) and my obsession is ridiculous. The thing that tells me I probably don't have it is that the symptoms developed after I read about them. What do you guys think about this? Does this sound like TMS equivilants? How should I get rid of these annoying symptoms? Thanks.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000