TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 fighting back against TMS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lizzie

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  02:30:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been battling TMS for about 18 months now. Before that I had 4 years of back pain and then neck pain without knowing of TMS. I try to journal from time to time and read regularly from various TMS books. I have made some progress but not become care free in my movements. My biggest barrier is fear. I believe in TMS but fear the pain. Now there's a lot of stressors going on in my life currently. I can identify them and last night as is my routine I was doing a few stretches before bed. These are not as a reaction to pain but for two reasons; to improve my general flexibility which although not great has improved and to challenge my fears. (Make myself move to challenge TMS and any conditioning). Well, last night as I bent to the side I had a huge spasm in my back. This was scary but after 5 minutes thinking about TMS I decided to do the stretch again to challenge my subconscious. It hurt just as much. I then wrote in my journal for 10 minutes and talked to my husband about some of the things that were stressing me out. 10 minutes after this I felt I had to do the stretch again to not be beated by TMS. I thought about Dr Brady and going on with his golf swing and Dr Sopher carrying on his marathon despite pain and I said to my husband that I was going to stretch again but could he be there (kind of moral support). I did the stretch and this time no pain. This all sounds fantastic but although I was pleased I still felt worried. I felt that at any time my subconscious could hurt me through my body. I did not feel relief or victorious but still vulnerable. I know I can be a worrier and acknowledge this, but I felt envoius that other like Dr Sopher could claim the victory and not worry that the battle was not over. Today, I have some back ache where the sharp pain was yesterday but I think this is out of fear. I decided to write here to see if verbalising it would rid me of the pain and to see if others understood what I was writing about. I feel as if something about my character is stopping me ridding myself of TMS, then I suppose I blame myself. This perfectionism I know is adding to the stressors/TMS.

Lizzie
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000