TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Dr. Schubiners new website
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sagelady

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2008 :  06:12:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
www.yourpainisreal.com

Check it out. For those of you unable to "see" a TMS Doc, his class that I attnd is online!!

He just got the webite up and running. It's full of great info with alot more to come.

MK- I ask him about your aunt, and her hearing diagnosis. He said , after much thought that he doubted that the sensorineural hearing loss was a TMS manifestation. And as far as bells palsy, possibly. He recently saw someone who had Bells 5 times. And felt they may have been emotionally related. Anyway, he said he was going to call you. Hope you don't mind I ask him. I thought maybe picking his brain would give you the answers you are looking for.

As far as my progress.... I still have symptoms, but am learning to accept this as a mind disorder, rather than a physical. On days I am able to do this I definitly fair better. Other days anxiety and fear take over, and of course the symptoms are worse. So I am still a work in progress. Unfortunatly, with my (our) personality types, I wanted this to occur at a much faster rate. And the what if's pop up when I think, OK I did the couse, this is the last week and I'm not fixed. I believe Sarno calls this the calendar phenomenon.

I do have to see a foot Dr. Thursday. Not because of the numbness of my little toes and heels. But I have a "real" physical problem that I have been putting off for a long time. Hallux Rigidus. Frozen BIG toes. They don't bend and cause me alot of pain. Also I have noticed I suponate when I walk to keep pressure off the big toes. I am a little concerned, having anyone mess with my feet because of the current issues of numbness.But going for an evaluation to see what kind of surgery is needed and the amount of time I would be out of commission is harmless. Just getting my ducks in a row so to speak. Maybe by the time I am ready to do the surgery I will have gotten a handle on the TMS and the numbness will be a non issue.

Anyway, enough said, hope everyone here find comfort and peace in today. Not yesterday, or tommorrow, TODAY. As I continue to heal, I will post more.

Sage

RageSootheRatio

Canada
430 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2008 :  07:29:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, sagelady. I know Dr. Schubiner is trying to help people with his new web site, and IF I had a TMS dx I would look at it more seriously, but what I really need is a formal dx, I think, just like you were able to get. In my own case I have a neurological condition and that really affects my brain, so I am unsure how much/many of my other symptoms are due to that, or due to TMS. Perhaps no one could tell me that and I would just have to "try it and see." So maybe a formal TMS dx wouldn't really matter, after all (?)

Thanks for your progress update. It is encouraging.
Go to Top of Page

southpaw

Canada
29 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2008 :  12:04:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I was looking at it the other day and was going to ask if anyone has actually tried the online coarse.
Go to Top of Page

sagelady

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2008 :  02:45:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you log into the site you will find a forum. It's new, so not many posts there yet. But a couple of folks are speaking through the forum that are just starting the online class. The nice thing about it is Dr. Schubiner is responding to posts there too. So if they have questions re: the online work, he helps them out.

Sage
Go to Top of Page

mk6283

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2008 :  08:04:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Dr. Schubiner's online program is one of the best resources available to TMS sufferers, especially those who can appreciate the theory, but are still struggling to get better. His program is highly structured and very detailed and can be of benefit to many people on this forum. The results with patients in his clinic are outstanding and I suspect the online program will be just as successful. Even the very small percentage of patients that don't improve with his program still appreciate all the great things it has taught them about themselves. I think a wide spectrum of patients can benefit from such work. So, if you've read the books and can't seem to figure out where to go from there, or if you are considering trying psychotherapy, then I'd definitely give Dr. Schubiner's program a try first. You won't regret it.

Best,
MK

Edited by - mk6283 on 03/23/2008 17:22:07
Go to Top of Page

Scottydog

United Kingdom
330 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2008 :  02:20:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

The 'How to know if you have MBS/TMS' form is great. Something people can look at in the privacy of their own home without having to open up about childhood issues to anyone else. It should get many more on the path to recovery.
Go to Top of Page

carons

1 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  12:50:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is the cost for the online course (Schubiner)? Thanks.

Carolyn A.
Go to Top of Page

sagelady

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  15:12:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The cost is your time to make it work. It's FREE!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

austini

29 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  17:08:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
When I had a look a couple of days ago the course cost was $250!

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  17:31:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't try to register to see the cost, but he mentions PayPal, so it is definitely NOT free.

--
It's not 100% belief that's required, but 100% commitment.
Go to Top of Page

sagelady

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2008 :  02:38:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I apologize if I'm giving wrong info. Maybe it's because I went through the program in person first, I'm not sure. But I did register at no cost. And am able to do the work online. If you have the chance, try registering and let me know what happens. I'm sure he said there was no charge. But maybe he was talking about something else. I thought the paypals was for his CD on the meditation.

Anyway let me know if your able to register, I don't want to be giving out wrong information. And thanks armchairlinguist for your tips on my other post. That's great advice. I'm going to try to just live my life, and not focus on what symptoms are left. We'll see how that works today. Also rereading my post, your right, numbness moving around should be a clue this is not physical.

Sage

Edited by - sagelady on 03/27/2008 02:40:54
Go to Top of Page

sagelady

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2008 :  02:56:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went to the enroll link on his website. I see in the instrustions about the paypal. I wasn't able to try and make a new account because my email is already registered. But the first time I registered it went through all the steps. But it never went to a paypal screen. So I'm not sure. Sure hope someone can give it a try, the last thing i want to do is give misinformation. There's enough of that on the internet
Maybe MK has some input on this. He is a member on Dr. Schubiners site.
If the cost is $250.00 like the "live" course. I can tell you, if you can afford it, it's well worth it. As there are videos taken from the "live" course. So it really is like taking the course in person.

Hope everyone has a pain free day,
Sage
Go to Top of Page

mk6283

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2008 :  08:39:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The program costs $250. Like I said before, I think it is an excellent option for many people. Dr. Schubiner himself instructs all of his patients to first read The Mindbody Prescription before starting the program. The problem is that for many patients that simply isn't enough. If you know that you have TMS and you find yourself stuck, or you are struggling with the concept of journaling, or you are considering seeking psychotherapy, or if you are on your 10th mindbody book without much success, then I would highly recommend that you give the online MBS program a try.

The program is highly structured, very detailed, and will guide you step-by-step through a month's worth of work. Many patients learn techniques that they use for the rest of their lives and, as I've said before, most do get better. Dr. Schubiner is even available himself on the program's forum to help you out as much as he can, obviously within limits given that he will not be seeing you as a formal patient in his Michigan office. This is a unique resource that I think can help many people around the world.

If you considering trying the program and have any other questions about it, then I would e-mail Dr. Schubiner directly as I'm sure he'd be more than glad to help you decide if the program is right for you. Hope this helps.

Best,
MK

Edited by - mk6283 on 03/28/2008 14:20:47
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000