TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Any method for ensuring blood flow to arms?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bhushan

India
16 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  21:58:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

I 'had RSI' with pain and tingling in fingers (more prominent in right hand) for almost 4 years. I am confident of my TMS diagnosis based on Dr.Sarno's books and other people success stories.My fear of typing has also reduced dramatically.

As most of you would be knowing the RSI pain is been caused by lack of blood supply to arms, for the last few days I have been trying to focus and 'teach' my autonomous nervous system to continue blood supply to arms irrespective of the task I do(e.g. typing on laptop). But, I have had only partial success till date.

Does anyone of you know of any relaxation, meditation etc techniques for commanding the nervous system and teaching it to continue blood flow? I read somewhere on this forum people mentioning that they can feel blood flowing to their arms, Can we actually do it on our own? Or, will it happen automatically once you 'defeat' the subconscious?

Thanks

JoeW

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2008 :  06:51:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you need to be careful of concentrating on the physical. Although the symptoms of TMS might be caused by lack of blood flow, Dr Sarno's approach emphasises looking at the psychological causes of TMS.

Whatever you do to relieve physical symptoms will only be temporary - you need to "think psychological" to get to the root of the problem

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2008 :  08:43:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The blood flow will return on its own when you conquer the fear and do the other TMS work. It's a useful thing to tell your brain to do but it shouldn't be the focus, because the problem fundamentally is not the bloodflow but WHY the blood isn't flowing. That you have to address by thinking psychological and returning, gradually, to normal activity.

--
It's not 100% belief that's required, but 100% commitment.
Go to Top of Page

bhushan

India
16 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2008 :  21:49:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone,

You are right I was starting to focus more on the physical rather than the psychological. Not surprisingly the pain came back yesterday (though still less than earlier).

Go to Top of Page

southpaw

Canada
29 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2008 :  15:20:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been having a lot of success with visualization techniques. I've done a lot of journalling as well but it wasn't until I started visualizing the oxygen flowing to the areas of pain that my pain lessened significantly.
In Fred Amir's book he suggests visualizing a wall of concrete blocking the areas fo your pain. I visualize a wall of pain blockers on one side and on the other side a major supply of oxygen. Works for me!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000