TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kimenem

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  19:02:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok....so if you can have "some" initial pain immediately following a herniation, how long would that pain last? The MRI shows a herniation at L4-L5 but I have no idea how long it's been there. All I know is that I started having the pain about a month ago. For the first 2 weeks or so, it was bad. It was harder to walk and I was tilting to the right. They said the herniation was to the right, touch a nerve root? Does that mean I should've ONLY had pain on teh right side??? Because initially, I had pain down both legs and all throughout the hip area it seemed. Funny that I'm getting a very mild sensation in the left leg as I type this. Anyway, I STILL cannot bring myself to do lower body free weights out of fear. If a herniation is part of the normal aging process, why would it hurt initially and can you herniate it more by doing things they say you aren't supposed to do, thereby causing additional pain?

kimenem

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  19:03:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also, I don't and will not have the benefit of being dx'ed by a TMS dr as there are known anywhere near me. I'm having to rely solely on the books and DVD lectures.
Go to Top of Page

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  20:20:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kim,

You should read the books in more depth. I believe the answers to most of these questions are in there, including how long the pain would last, pain over a wider area than predicted by the particular abnormality (hint: indicates TMS).

It's important to read the books deeply, because the mind will tend to skim over the information that should be most attended to because it contradicts our prior beliefs about the origin of pain.

--
It's not 100% belief that's required, but 100% commitment.
Go to Top of Page

mizlorinj

USA
490 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2008 :  09:47:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dr. Sarno said clearly (in person) the herniated disc DOES NOT cause pain. Your body knows it's there and uses it (read his books). I have (had?) one too and have no pain at all now. I heard the pressing on nerve blah, blah, too and was told I'd need surgery to eliminate the pain. I also was very afraid once I got that disc diagnosis, which I found made the pain even worse. THEN I found Dr. Sarno and did the treatment plan in his book.

Pls read success stories on this site or search for herniated disc stories. There are lots. Read Dr. Sarno's books too. All your answers are there.

-Lori
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000