TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Dr Brownstein
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dennis23

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  06:43:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
has anyone here read Dr Art Brownstein's book Healing Back Pain Naturally "the mind-bbody program proven to work"

i read the 1999 version and there is alot of good information he basically from his own experience with severe back pain he developed a strategy for eliminating pain and teaches the reader to accept the pain as a friend and teacher. I have found it a pretty good compainion to Dr Sarno's healing back pain. He has alot of exercises to increase flex and strength. I just want to know if anyone had tried his method?

Anyone on here whop has conqured tms or is well on the way to recovery what ideas do you have for resolving certain fears or pains? For example i get alot of pain while sitting or standing for long periods. Thank you very much for your info. And good luck to everyone on your road to recovery.

res19mbx

2 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  22:09:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am on here looking for the same thing. I am trying to sit and read but am feeling pain in my legs and glutes. I am also wondering if anyone knows of an excellent doctor or psychotherapist in LA who specifically works with TMS. I also desperately need help with sleep and I am seeing Dr. Schechter right now too.
What initially helped my pain was journaling with Dr. Schechter's workbook. I had to sit on cushions and now I don't anymore. I even flew to Europe 3x's in one year. I am having a reoccurence so I am trying to journal again to relieve the symptoms.
Go to Top of Page

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2008 :  13:27:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Anyone on here whop has conqured tms or is well on the way to recovery what ideas do you have for resolving certain fears or pains? For example i get alot of pain while sitting or standing for long periods.

I don't know if this is possible for you to do but the method I used was building up the activity (in this case the "activity" would be sitting or standing) gradually.

With sitting, for example, you start off sitting for a period which you know you can manage, do it every day for the same period, then slowly increase that amount by a little bit each week.

Hilary N
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000