TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Success Stories
 Celebrate your small successes!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

David Russ

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2008 :  22:13:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Post your own little mini-success stories, if you would like. It might help you to remember them, and it might help others to recognize their own little successes!

Here's mine from today:

I got into the car, drove to the pet store, parked, got out, limped into the pet store and picked up a bag of kitty litter. I paid for it, carried to the car, put it in the hatchback, and then drove to an appointment.

I left the appointment and drove home!

I had a little pain in the car and some trouble getting out of the car, but I did it. The bag of kitty litter was the heaviest thing I have carried in a couple of months, and it didn't hurt me!

Small success, but it felt heroic to me.

David Russ

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2008 :  14:07:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today, I walked 2 miles without stopping.

My left foot tingled, my left thigh felt tight/pulling, and my left hip was really stiff.

But I kept on going, knowing that it's vital for me to restrengthen this hip and leg after four months of disuse and atrophy. So I kept on going. I had my cell phone with me, and when I felt like stopping I would call someone, and even if they weren't answering, I would leave them a message and that would take my mind off the deisre to stop.

'bout halfway through, the blood came into the hip and it loosened up and I could walk more easily. I even got my heart rate up and almost broke a sweat...first time in weeks.

Tonight, I am going to the movies with my wife. I am scared to sit down for the 2 - 3 hours that this movie will take, but I know that I can stand up if I need to. The important thing is that we are going.
Go to Top of Page

David Russ

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2008 :  16:07:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday, I did something that would have been inconceivable 2 weeks ago. With my family, I drove (yes, drove) downtown (about 25 minutes), spent the day on my feet on concrete, shopping and browsing the Portland Saturday Market, and walking along the waterfront. When I needed to rest, I could sit instead of having to lay down.

Then I drove home and after only a brief rest, took the kids to a playground and spent almost an hour there on the bench (mostly laying supine and reading).

My hip and back were sore/tired at the end of the day, but whose wouldn't be? This morning I was a little more stiff than usual but by 1pm it loosened up (1 Advil helped :))
Go to Top of Page

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2008 :  13:53:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great - I think it's good to post the mini-success stories, too.

Hilary N
Go to Top of Page

David Russ

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2008 :  09:47:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday, after a full day of work, I got home and had a short rest, then drove to dinner and SAT through dinner then came home and drove my Dad back to his hotel downtown and back home--almost an hour in the car without getting out!
Go to Top of Page

n/a

48 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2008 :  19:41:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Over the past week, I have eaten pizza, Taco Bell, and other foods I'd been avoiding for almost a year and only had minimal IBS repercussions.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000