TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Has anyone heard of this?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

johnaccardi

USA
182 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  16:19:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Lazy Tongue Syndrome.

It makes speaking difficult...like your tongue is twisted or too slow to keep up with what you want to say.

This is the exact feeling I have had for almost the past year but my mouth also feels dry. I don't know if I could blame my difficulty speaking to the dry mouth or something like the lazy tongue syndrome.

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  17:21:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, John. Are you still looking for other explanations?

--
What were you expecting?
Go to Top of Page

Dor

67 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2008 :  04:50:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While it is very nice to hear from you again, I am sorry that you are still dealing with all of this and still searching. I may be wrong John, but I think lazy tongue syndrome is something that happens in small children as they are learning to talk. Don't quite think that would apply to you!! Think what is actually happening is that you are concentrating now on how you speak and that is causing you to feel like your tongue is "twisted or too slow". You have put so much thought and energy into your mouth over the last months that it is only natural to have this happen now. What is really bothering you John? Do you not want to go back to school? Is your life not going where you want it to? Be honest with yourself and with your parents. It might be much wiser to think on life issues at this point then on mouth issues. Think on this too - while there might be some minor physical issue with your mouth it is the fear and the anxiety that is keeping it there and making it so much worse. It is time to say "the hell with this, I have had enough" and move on. It is time to examine what it is that you really want and need in your life. I think a big question to ask yourself is when did this start. Did you have it during your senior year in high school or did it start when you went away to school?

Thinking of you,

Dor
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000