TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 weakness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Villen

10 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  03:24:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello everybody!

Does anyone experience weakness in their "TMS area"? My right leg/thigh/hip (where the pain is)is so weak and stiff, I can barely make it up the stairs, before the aching, burning weak feeling starts. All part of TMS? I think its so weird that my brain has decided to choose the leg, and not the shoulders, back etc, as I am a very anxious/stressed person.This makes me (of course)believe that there must be something physical (because of the pain after exercise/doing something physical)

Villen

Villen

skizzik

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  04:46:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Often.

When I catch myself scanning my spot I will say sometimes, "not so much pain at the moment, but more weakness right now than anything" and I'll have to lean or sit.

Oxygen debt to soft tissue (nerve...whatever) means it's not fully functioning. Whatever it takes to get your attention, and it's done it.
Go to Top of Page

Bacchus

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  07:06:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Villen,
I have been having a lot of weakness in my TMS areas for a while (wrists, arms, hands) and it is definitely because it has become a very effective distraction at work that I'm having trouble ignoring. The pain wasn't distracting me as much so 'bam' weakness kicks in. Like skizzik says "whatever it takes to get your attention..."

Bacchus
Go to Top of Page

mk6283

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  11:06:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Villen, if you haven't already done so, you should see a doctor to rule out any organic process before assuming it is just due to TMS. True focal weakness must be assessed completely before concluding that it is due to TMS. A weak and stiff leg on one side of the body needs to be investigated and may even warrant a visit to the neurologist. Additionally, burning/aching type pain in the legs that intensifies with walking or climbing a flight of stairs should probably be investigated for any vascular problems.

I know that Dr. Sarno mentions having had a few patients that even had foot drop, but I can assure you that he made certain that these patients had all other neurological processes excluded first before diagnosing TMS. Also keep in mind that there is a big difference between the subjective sensation of weakness and that which is demonstrated on physical/neurological exam. Only a physician can accurately make this distinction. Therefore, while TMS definitely remains a possibility, make sure that you approach this in the appropriate fashion. Good luck!

Best,
MK

Edited by - mk6283 on 08/08/2008 11:10:16
Go to Top of Page

Villen

10 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  06:13:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi again

thanks for the replies. I have taken many tests, and saw a neuroligst half a year ago (the same symptoms then) she ruled out neulogical diseases! I have also been to cardiologist, endocrtrinoligst, u name it! Nothing was found....I am taking betablocker for my fast pulse, so I guess the weakness can partly be because of that.

Villen
Go to Top of Page

Villen

10 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  06:22:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi again

thanks for the replies. I have taken many tests, and saw a neuroligst half a year ago (the same symptoms then) she ruled out neulogical diseases! I have also been to cardiologist, endocrtrinoligst, u name it! Nothing was found....I am taking betablocker for my fast pulse, so I guess the weakness can partly be because of that.

Villen
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000