TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Back after a long time but feeling OK
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

phyllis

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2008 :  04:10:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone - long time no post!

I have suffered with a 'bad back' in the past etc. etc. but now feel a lot better. I have learned not to molly coddle it and get on with life. I have walked my legs off and also been cycling. Odd twinges I have learned to ignore and have stopped using the chair thingie that folds away. It is called a Back Friend I think.

It is propped against a wall and I hope not to use it. I do stretches and keep my body moving which is so important.

I think I may have a little osteo arthritis on one of my little fingers as a little nodule has formed on the joint. However, I am trying to forget it and take it as it comes.

May I recommend if anyone is fed up they go and see Mamma Mia. It is a brilliant film, and will make you want to leap about and shout.

I watched a prog the other night about people who could not read. One of the women who finally learned to read when she was about late fifties had arthritis with splints on her wrists. I was convinced this was TMS because when she was very stressed and crying she was rubbing her arm. The pain got worse when she was very uptight. She also had terrible problems with her mother and at the end of the prog when things were resolved a little with her mother, she had taken the splints off and she was finally helping her grandchildren with their reading!

I had a friend who three years ago was in a horrible job. She suddenly developed a 'bad back' and spent three weeks in bed. It was so obvious (not to her!) that it was the job. She did eventually leave and she appears to be alright now.

I say to all of you keep moving and put your thoughts on to other things.

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2008 :  07:07:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to hear from you phyllis - I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were getting on.

Hilary N
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000