TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 The Pathway Orientation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

johnaccardi

USA
182 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  11:02:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I signed up for an orientation on the pathway.org, it gave me a specific time and date that the orientation would take place. Has anyone done this, what can I expect?

Thanks,
John

mizlorinj

USA
490 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  11:19:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good for you John.
I did an in-person orientation. It's a discussion of how these tools can help you achieve balance in your life. The skill of checking how you FEEL: angry, sad, afraid, guilty and grateful, happy, secure, proud.
Laurel Mellin also has a book called The Pathway. Check it out at amazon. Most libraries have it too. It's a few years old, but the basics of the program remain the same.
I loved the program. When they talk about doing a "cycle" of feelings, that is the method of journaling I use; I think is absolutely the best.
Feel free to email me with questions or let me know what you think when you've done the Orientation.

Edited by - mizlorinj on 10/24/2008 11:25:04
Go to Top of Page

johnaccardi

USA
182 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  18:40:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks mizlorinj,

I will let you knwo how it goes. How will it be done, online? Was it this program that cured you of your pain?
Go to Top of Page

mizlorinj

USA
490 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  22:11:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, John, it's not online. There are journal books you use and you can do an in-person group or telegroup. They'll explain all that on the Orientation call.
The program was instrumental in teaching the style of journaling I use for clearing out emotional trash.
I was healed of my pain by accepting and truly believing that my emotions were causing my pain, following Dr. Sarno's treatment plan of reading, and journaling the feelings out (Solution/Pathway style). Both programs are invaluable to me. But the Solution program alone did not heal my pain since it does not get into the mind/body connection at all.

Edited by - mizlorinj on 10/24/2008 22:14:26
Go to Top of Page

JohnD

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2008 :  05:19:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JohnA,

You have the basic premise of TMS to work with already - thats one huge helper in your battle. Now some people need more help than others. I didn't need help with my major symptoms, I needed help with what popped up after those things went away. The Pathway helped me forever clear all of my TMS equivalents.

Doing the pathway did help me get rid of many mindbody issues that I didn't even view as TMS but later realized they were. This is because this program changes the way you process moment to moment events in your life. So if you change the way you can process through the daily and past emotions that get built up and cause TMS, then you eventually change the TMS. If you learn how to be in balance all day long, and learn to find joy, and to create a life that is exciting for you, and learn how to deal with the so called "negative things" that happen.....then there is really no room for TMS to fit. So what I've done and what I'm proposing to you is that there may be another way to beat TMS through the back door. You may not have to fight it head on one on one with your current abilities. You can take a step back, build yourself up and develop yourself in certain ways, and then go walk right over TMS. This is what athletes do when they train for sporting events. They are always trying to gain a competitive edge by increasing physical development, knowledge and some even try to develop themselves emotionally and spiritually and this all translates to better performance. Same thing applies to TMS. Change the person with TMS and you change the TMS.

Go to Top of Page

johnaccardi

USA
182 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2008 :  07:19:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys,

The Pathway sounds great. I really think I might do it. You both have gone through it successfully and as you say it helped a lot with your TMS, that's awesome. John D, when you say it changes the way you live from moment to moment...how significant is that? Could you give me some examples of how it changed you for the better? Like, maybe you were an anxious person before this and now your not.

Personality traits that bother me are: I need complete control of my enviroment, especially in social settings. I also need everyone to like me; I need to be the most liked in a group. I obviously can't achieve these things all the time and when I don't, I feel terrible. Could The Pathway help me with somehting like this?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

mizlorinj

USA
490 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2008 :  10:05:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like JohnD's summary.

Repetitive efforts in changing your thinking rewires your brain--the website has a link showing the scientific angle of the program and the plasticity of the brain.

Which makes me tink of Louise Hay's: change your thinking, change your life. It is true.

I was an overthinker and emotional eater. Now I'm not. I dabbled in people-pleasing too. The program helps with addictions too. I can picture my ex: and every time something upset him visibly, he went for a cigarette. It's so clear now.

If you don't want to wait till your Orientation, I encourage you to get the book The Pathway. Mine is currently lent out to someone who is interested in stopping their overthinking. It'll give you a good overview of the program, minus a few newer tweaks that'll be explained in the Orientation. You can also check on that web site for some magazine article links. It's mentioned in the copy of Spirituality & Health mag I just got yesterday. Read the book's reviews on amazon.com (mine's there too).

I would add that every person I've met doing the Solution program are grateful they did/are doing it. IMO Sarno's and the Solution program fit well together. I wouldn't want to choose one over the other; they're complementary and I love both. I view them as wonderful learnings on my journey. I will be forever grateful I learned of them and incorporated them into my life.

In answer to your last question: absolutely.

Edited by - mizlorinj on 10/25/2008 10:29:39
Go to Top of Page

RageSootheRatio

Canada
430 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2008 :  10:32:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For anyone interested in The Solution or Laurel Mellin's work, I just wanted to post this information ....

On the Spirituality and Health web site, Laurel Mellin lead TWO email ecourses, which are still in the archives for viewing. One course was "The Solution" and the other was "Taking out your emotional trash."

I am not exactly sure when these were offered, but I have found some of the "older" information a little more helpful to me than the "newer" information anyway, so lots of material there, if anyone is wanting more insight into what is offered.
Go to Top of Page

mizlorinj

USA
490 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2008 :  11:37:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You get to your Solution (point of peace & balance) by taking out your emotional trash--it's done as verbal or written journaling.
Along with other steps and improvements in life that are most helpful.

laurel has a small writeup in this month's Spirituality & Health magazine. I'll have to check out the website now too. Thanks R/S!
Go to Top of Page

RageSootheRatio

Canada
430 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  10:11:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to share another potentially helpful resource for anyone interested in The Solution / The Pathway / Laurel Mellin's work.

As you know if you have done the free ecourse or read the Developmental Skills Training (DST) White Paper, Laurel Mellin talks about 5 graduated states from feeling great at one end (1), to a full-blown stress response at the other (5), and there are 5 corresponding tools one can use to help move "up the scale" to feeling better.

There is a nice interactive which leads one through each of the tools. Just do a google search on "Shapedown Express." (Shapedown was Laurel Mellin's first program designed for childhood obesity which is still used in hundreds of hospitals.)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000