TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Sore thumbs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

phyllis

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2008 :  09:43:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello again all after a long time!

I have developed sore thumbs after knitting (I have resolved back pain mostly)

I was the one brought up in care, abusive foster parents and now have no living relatives (as far as I know)

HOWEER, that being said, I cope pretty well.

However, this thumb thing is annoying me. I do knit so do people think this may be some form of RSI!?? I wake in the morning and my hands are a bit stiff.

I have been a little depressed and slightly weepy lately too. Anyone have any tips? I know doc would only prescribe anti depressants. I am convinced they are trained to dish these wretched things out willy nilly yo get rid of patients.

It is great to get back to the forum again!

God luck to you all!

PhyllisEngland

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2008 :  11:11:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Phyllis,

Nice to see you back, and I'm glad your back is better.

It's common for one form of TMS to go away and be replaced by another ("symptom imperative"). It's also very common for TMS to be triggered by an apparent physical cause - e.g. see my recent story on the Success Story forum about tripping up. I'm sure I would have been hobbling about for a couple of weeks, thinking it was an injury, if I hadn't nipped that one in the bud. Interestingly, something similar happened to my mother a couple of years ago, and she's still hobbling...

Regarding the depression and weepiness, the expensive option would be to have therapy.

A cheaper option might be to journal if you're not already? Have a look at tmsrecovery.com for some tips on journalling.

Hilary N

Edited by - HilaryN on 11/15/2008 11:21:25
Go to Top of Page

phyllis

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  01:19:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Hilary I will look at the tmsrecovery.com and start onthe road agin. I don't think the case with Baby P has helped everyone. It is awful and has haunted me.

I hope you are well and keeping out of pain! I never use the backfriend thing and swim and cycle regularly. I am going out on my bike this morning but it is brrrrrrr cold here in Lincolnshire.

Best

Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

phyllis

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  05:56:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hilary I have looked at the tms recovery site you recommended and find it is really good and very helpful. I intend to start writing tonight when I have finished some work.

Hope you are well!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000