TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 TMS symptoms in the head or neck
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hottm8oh

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  14:16:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been experiencing a tingling sensation off and on in the back of my head for about 2 weeks or so. It is usually accompanied by what I can only describe as a disoriented feeling. My doctor said the disorientation is probably a side effect of a new medication, but the tingling in my head is not. My neck and shoulder muscles feel stiff as well. I would not describe the feeling as a headache, and my doctor doesn't think it's a migraine. If you have TMS in the head or neck, what are your symptoms like?

painintheneck

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  16:37:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had similar type feelings in my head. I could never get an answer what it was. I'm sure now it was tension. The disoriented feeling I get also with the tension. You have muscles that extend up the back of your skull, those are involved in the tension. I used to describe it as a vibrating but the Dr.s were no help. I'm not sure what meds you are on or if it is an antidepressant because I hear they can cause some odd head sensations but I mostly have heard more along the lines of head zings. See if it would be ok for you to try a magnesium supplement. It's a relaxer and it's natural. I used to use Natural Calm.

I spent years trying to figure out of get rid of the head sensation. Dr. visits, PT, massage, you name it. It didn't go until I stopped living every second worrying about my neck.
Go to Top of Page

Fox

USA
496 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  19:05:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man, we have similar symptoms....I don't have the tingling but I do have severe headaches that sometimes seem to originate out of a tightness in the back of the neck and shoulders - and I get the intense disorientation, too. My neurologist recently diagnosed it as a combination migraine/stress headache (probably got the migraine part of the diagnosis due to an aura of intense drowsiness that often occurs)....Anyway, forget the fancy diagnoses - it's just TMS. I'm now 80-90% better - for the last 2 months - because of my realizing this is just symptom substitution and my sticking with a daily routine of visualizing/re-experiencing past traumatic episodes in my life...See my post on migraines - the last time I looked it was on page 2.
Go to Top of Page

hottm8oh

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  08:39:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Thank you! I feel better now. I've been under so much stress lately, and this disoriented feeling has made it 1000 times worse. Some *brilliant* doctor told me it could be MS, so I've been in a panic about it ever since then.

My worry, anxiety, and stress are through the roof and I have no back pain, so I'm sure that at least some of this is TMS related.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000