TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Don't want to take too long!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

johnaccardi

USA
182 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  18:44:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone,

I want to ask about the next step. I have been applying Sarno's method through journaling and reading everyday. I have done 15 minutes in the morning and 45 minutes in the evening for 2 months.

I keep telling myself that I'm improving but when I stop and think about it, I was doing just as good if not better 4 months ago.

I feel like this thing can be cured, I just have to get the proper help and guidance. Does it seem time for me to spend the money and go to Sarno and finally get the proper help to fix me.

I have now watched nearly a year and a half of my life fly by as I wait for this thing to go away. It would be ashame if I had to watch my 21st birthday go by and my early 20's as well. I need to fix this soon! I'm being patient on a daily basis but when I put crazy amounts of effort in for 2 months and see nothing it becomes a bit discouraging.

Please don't say stuff like, "you have to ignore it" or "don't wait for it to go away, just live," I'm really trying hard and don't need to hear more of this.

Thanks everyone

mala

Hong Kong
774 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  02:53:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I need to fix this soon! I'm being patient on a daily basis but when I put crazy amounts of effort in for 2 months and see nothing it becomes a bit discouraging.

Well then here are some things you can do next

See Sarno or any other tms doctor in person
Psychotherapy
Dr. Howard Schubiners Mind Body Program

Good Luck & Good Health
Mala
Go to Top of Page

RageSootheRatio

Canada
430 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  08:10:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John, what happened with your Pathways / the Solution orientation? and seeing a counselor at school?

In addition to Mala's great suggestions:

The Pathway / Solution Method training
Dr Scott Brady's "Pain Free for LIfe - the 6-week cure for chronic pain- without surgery or drugs"

Given that you have been working on your own, are self-diagnosed, and are not satisfied with your progress, I'd say that yes it is time for you to get the "proper help" which might mean getting a TMS diagnosis and support and guidance from a TMS doctor (rather than trying to manage all your own treatment by yourself .. although of course you will have to do the internal work.)

Edited by - RageSootheRatio on 11/19/2008 08:12:06
Go to Top of Page

johnaccardi

USA
182 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  10:06:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys,

These are some very good answers. The Pathway and the counselor at school kind of got put on hold. I thought that I could do it alone, I wanted to try to do it alone.

I really want to just go to Sarno, but my parents are probably going to think I'm crazy. I hear he's very expensive, is this true? My parents probably wouldn't want to pay it. I would pay it but I would still feel weird...I would feel weak in the eyes of my parents. My dad has always talked down about therapy, he believes in fixing things on your own...I'm just a little scared of what he would think especially if Sarno is expensive.

I always think about Sarno, but then I say, "I'll try it alone for 2 more months and see what happens," and sure enough it's still here 2 months later. I think it might be time to get some help.
Go to Top of Page

JohnD

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  16:17:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John,

Some people get better just by reading the book and/or doing some small amount of TMS work. This wasn't the case for me and hasn't been the case for you either. I would recommend that you change the person with TMS, instead of trying to change the TMS. If you dedicate yourself to the pathway, get the necessary support, combine it with your knowledge of TMS, then in 2-3 years you are a much more developed person than you could have ever imagined and I guarantee that TMS isn't even a remote issue in your life. If you don't take some drastic step to change things, then you could end up not being satisfied with the next 2 or 5 or 10 years of your life.

Good luck,

John
Go to Top of Page

johnaccardi

USA
182 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  21:13:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting post JohnD,

Is the Pathway really that great? Does it really work that great on banishing TMS?

How exactly does it work? Is it over the phone? In person? I don't get it.

How long does it last?

Have you used it? If so, what changes has it brought you.

I am willing to try it, but I want to decide if its worth it first.
Go to Top of Page

RageSootheRatio

Canada
430 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  22:48:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi John,

You could review this thread about The Solution Method, where there are some Pathway/Solution resources mentioned:

http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5190

and have a look at the two free ecourses that Laurel Mellin offered (on the Spirituality and Health web site). That will give you some idea of what is covered. You can try out lots of the ideas without paying anything to get started! I am working through Mellin's book, "the 3-day Solution Plan" which I got from the library and it is already life-changing for me. Just the idea of UNCROSSING THE WIRES (between feelings and needs) was worth its weight in gold for me! One can do the 3-days, and then the 14 days, and then decide whether you want more support, etc and where you want to go from there with the Solution Method.

BTW, why didn't/don't you just do the free orientation to find out more??

Edited by - RageSootheRatio on 11/19/2008 22:50:55
Go to Top of Page

johnaccardi

USA
182 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  08:13:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The orientation fell during a time when I had class, so I couldn't be on the phone...or however its done.

This Laura Mellin book is about weight loss, is that the book you meant?
Go to Top of Page

mizlorinj

USA
490 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  14:17:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John did you do the free e-course on the pathway site? It's a 5 day program.
Yes, the books cover weight loss (due to emotional eating), depression, distancing and merging, numbing out, and a host of other things. The program helps rid you of emotional trash. I wasn't ready to pursue it when I first learned of it, but 5 or 6 months later went full speed ahead with the program and don't regret it for a minute. Only you know if you are ready. I don't know of anyone who is sorry they did the program. All are grateful for what we've learned and how our lives have improved. Thus causing less mind/body (or TMS) issues. Healthy emotionally = healthy physically.

RE; your concern about what your father thinks, you need to do what you need to do, and YOU need to decide what that is. Actually, the Solution would show you a way to craft a conversation or request to him on this or any other topic. A way to approach things w/o causing defensiveness.

Pls keep in mind hearing it from a TMS guy has not been a cure-all. Some have come here and gone even after hearing it was indeed TMS. YOU have to power to heal yourself.

-L
-L
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000