TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Encouragement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

basil

52 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  14:00:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all

Just to let anybody thats interested know that I managed to get over my first major relapse of TMS (RSI) symptoms. Life is pretty hard at the moment with the credit crunch and not been able to find stable work so I think that has added a lot of pressure. I just sat and relaxed, thought about my problems and felt the moment. Took about a day to go once I realised I was beating myself up again.

More importantly I managed to get off Peroxtine Anti depressants at the same time. This was very hard in itself with some strange side effects.

I have packed boxes in a warehouse for the last 2 weeks in between jobs to pay the bills without a single bit of pain. I also spend the nights working on my artwork at the PC.

I often forget how much I should appreciate being pain free instead of worrying about careers and the future.

Good luck to you all, if it worked for me with my negativity it can work for all you positive peeps!

Edited by - basil on 11/21/2008 14:10:29

Peg

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2008 :  17:30:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good for you basil.

The economy has most of us concerned.

You're right, gratitude for what we have going for us is important.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Everyone has times when they experience negativity. Nobody is positive all the time.

Best
Peg

In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual. Galileo Galilei
Go to Top of Page

mcone

114 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2008 :  19:50:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm still struggling with symptoms in my wrist - symptoms that have seemed to persist (a few brief periods of easing up a bit) for about two years - I plan on seeing a TMS doc (again) next week, but I have to admit that I'm struggling with tremendous pain and pain-driven fear (or is it fear and a fear-driven pain cycle?).

On a positive note, my severe chest pain went away almost completely (again) - this time after reading materials from Claire Weekes - she basically describes the chest symptoms and how they are sustained by fear, etc. (I need to post this in the hypochondriasis topic)

If only my brain could apply this dynamic to my wrist...but part of my mind won't let go of a half a dozen morbid physiological explanations for the wrist pain and notions as to why it's irreversibly physical and permanent.
Do I still have wrist pain because my mind is actually *right* about it's dire notions of chronic injury? Is this why the wrist pain won't dissipate the way other symptoms have? Or do I still have wrist pain because some part of my mind *needs* this kind of manifestation? Or is there some other reason? I've gone around and around millions of times...
Go to Top of Page

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2008 :  04:07:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Basil,

Greaat to hear your success.

Don't forget to post on the Success Stories forum if you haven't already.

http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/default.asp?CAT_ID=2

mcone, think for a moment what it would be like if you were totally pain-free. How would that feel? What would you do with your life?

Let any thoughts and feelings come up, positive and negative, without censoring them.

Hilary N
Go to Top of Page

mcone

114 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  23:46:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your support Hilary N.
Your history in overcoming RSI TMS has been a source of encouragement...

"mcone, think for a moment what it would be like if you were totally pain-free. How would that feel? What would you do with your life?"

Lately, I've been taking extreme measures to explore this...I just drove 1200 miles from my residence of 16 years in the Midwest to the NYC metro area to investigate possible relocation here. And I also visited Dr. Sarno's colleage, Dr. IGR, today at NYU's Rusk institute.

(see more in the topics "Extreme Measures")

Edited by - mcone on 03/17/2010 18:02:41
Go to Top of Page

pandamonium

United Kingdom
202 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  14:59:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
great news Basil, I'm so pleased for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A beginner's guide to psychology: If it's not your mum's fault.... it's your dad's...
Go to Top of Page

DrGUID

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2010 :  03:19:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a good story basil.

As I've posted on my other thread, when life gets *really* tough, TMS does seem to go. I caught Miss GUID cheating on me the other week. That was horrible, but my TMS symptoms completely vanished while my mind was totally occupied about thinking about the cheating.

I find that TMS is worse when my life is good. How strange .

I am beginning to think I need more distractions in my life.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000