TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Gratitude
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

carbar

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2008 :  21:17:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

This month at my church we've been studying gratitude through the month. There were some daily exercises and readings to follow along with.

The very first exercise is to make a gratitude list of whatever the heck comes to mind when you think of gratitude.

The very first thing for me was Health and the second was discovering TMS and healing from pain.

I am very grateful that this forum exists and gives a voice to those who are in pain and recovering. I know that being able to express my emotions and insights with the support of all of yall in cyberspace definitely boosted my sense of worth as I was first recovering.

It's been about 3 years since I first read Sarno. It seems like recovering from TMS symptoms has given so much space in my life for the rest of the things that fill my gratitude list.

Happy Thanksgiving to all those on the journey.

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2008 :  08:58:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I lost my job in July and the job market is completely dead at the moment, but I don't care - that pales into miniscule insignificance compared to the gratitude I feel for recovering from TMS and being healthy and well!

Hilary N
Go to Top of Page

scottjmurray

266 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2008 :  16:15:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm not grateful for anything. i hate everyone and everything. :)

---
author of tms-recovery . com

(not sh!t, champagne)
Go to Top of Page

mizlorinj

USA
490 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2008 :  07:12:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carbar: how cool to be discussing gratitude in church!!

Joy and gratitude have become topics by many self-help authors over the past couple years. Some suggest keeping a Gratitude Journal.

It does bring a smile to your face and a warm feeling through the body when you can acknowledge things for which you are grateful. Even seemingly small things. It's a healthy thing to do!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000