TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Meeting people with TMS that know they have it
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

celloLWF

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2008 :  07:49:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know that some of your know one another in the real world, and Sarno's groups bring people together. I haven't met anyone that has TMS and knows it (except the people I introduced to the concept who are grateful to me). I wish I could meet people that know about it before I meet them.

There was one fellow who suspected I had a psychosomatic disorder but didn't have the guts to tell me. Thats as close I have come to a fellow TMS person.

Are there support groups in the Washington DC area? I know Dr. Segal works here, but I don't want to pay 400-500 dollars to connect with someone.

Thanks

Northerner

62 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2008 :  08:00:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you can't find a local group, see if you can get some people on this board to send you an email - offline - with their phone number, and try to work it out so you cna talk to some of these people by phone.

I found about about Dr. Sarno because a friend of mine told me about how he read some book about the mind and back pain and his back pain went away as soon as he read the book. Make a public plea, and some of the people on this board would jump in.
Go to Top of Page

Jasper175

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  11:47:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I highly suggest people who believe in TMS and are working on becoming Pain Free, or who are to get together. HOWEVER the best people are those who know you. My friend Tom knows my personality, and of course my short-comings... He introduced me to Sarno, and we talk often weekly. Our pains have shifted and some times went away. I'm a the Psycho case Sarno says needs therapy but time and $ won't allow. But our discussions are helping!

If you can't find anyone, Monte Hueftle wrote a book on his experience in TMS - http://www.runningpain.com/GetRidOfPain.html
It's been such a great book so far. He quotes Sarno all the way through but explains the missing link of the Psychological thinking, emotional awareness needed. I'm a lamen - I need things simple.

Rob (Jasper175)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000