TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 chron's disease
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

scd1833

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2008 :  09:21:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had tms for most of my adult life discovered sarno 10 yrs ago with 85% sucess with lower back pain, neck pain, bad knees, tennis elbow.
I've also had Chron's disease since age 15. I have seen connections between the two. does anyone have any experience with chron's and the mnindbody connection it would be a miracle if I could cure my chron's with this appproach

Steve

kenny V

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2008 :  20:25:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Steve **Great** to hear your are doing so well. I hope you can gain full recovery from the application w/ the mind body connection. But we must also consider we are physical, mental yet spiritual beings. Each component should not be overlooked when treating the entire body.

IMO Yes there are many common symptoms / conditions that are associated with a TMS component. But I will not go further on this topic as respect for Dave and the forum. (He has been very kind over the years). Bottom line is as with treating healing many esp “so called un- curable conditions”, you will have to find your own answers . This needs to be discovered for each one personally. It ‘s hard work. And there is no quick fix. We have to learn to trust / treat ourselves as well as discover our own connection. Imo all the material / knowledge is useful but the healing is about its application. .
. As you know this forum is primary TMS mind body discussion ( according to Sarno ) and we should stick to those approaches. So I don’t want to get off topic. I do agree with Sarno approach 100% however, have discovered with many conditions often there are many components that need to be looked at. The Body is complex as related to our Auto immune system. Sometimes things go haywire Sometimes things we are exposed to can wreck havoc the system and that would include emotionally an as well environmentally. And that’s not even considering our spiritual needs however that’s another topic altogether.

Steve im a former TMS sufferer (22 years chronic back pain) recovered or lets say delivered 5 years, still symptom free “Praise God” (and thank you Sarno). … Anyway you are 85% recovered that’s ***awesome*** I think if you continue to connect the dots with “ your” condition and find the underlying insult (the source for underlying condition) NOT the symptom, you may get closer to the 100%. IMO stay on your path perhaps look into gut healing including, advanced detoxification and biomedical intervention. Not sure if you are an SCD'er as your name says, (specific carbohydrate diet) perhaps you already maybe familiar, However im speaking about the next level of gut healing and detoxification Stay on what you learned with Sarno but push to lean more about the body as related to deotox, and I think you will find more answers in association to your condition.
HTH

“God bless everyone” Happy New Year
Kenny V

Always Hope For Recovery
Go to Top of Page

scd1833

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  09:38:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been doing the specific carbohydrate diet for about 10 yrs and again it's been very helpful but I still have problems.
The whole detox/emotional theories just seem to be bottomless pits of information and practices, and I just need something simple, that's why I like sarno's concept and scdiet, but I need to figure out how to get to 100% ( or at least 98%)
Go to Top of Page

hottm8oh

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  09:24:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scd1833

I've been doing the specific carbohydrate diet for about 10 yrs and again it's been very helpful but I still have problems.
The whole detox/emotional theories just seem to be bottomless pits of information and practices, and I just need something simple, that's why I like sarno's concept and scdiet, but I need to figure out how to get to 100% ( or at least 98%)

I always understood inflammatory bowel diseases to be "real" diseases that are treated with steroidal medications and diet. Are you on any steroids right now? How much has the SCD diet helped you? I know a little about the SCD diet, and I know it can be difficult to stick to, partly because the disallowed ingredients can sneak into foods. It's especially hard when dining out. How often do you dine out? Maybe you are getting traces of unsafe SCD ingredients in your meals? I tried to make SCD safe soup last week only to discover that there was sugar in the "organic" chicken broth I bought.
Go to Top of Page

scd1833

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2009 :  20:33:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IBD's are REAL organic diseases, involving infection and changes in tissue, but I strongly believe that there is a strong emotional component to the diseases also... in many ways they are very similar to tms syndromes...IE: the cause of these afflictions are mysterious and the cures are equally mostly hit or miss... also when my back pain was at it's worst(acute) about 15 or 20 years ago, that summer I had virtually no chron's symptoms, the back pain literally took over my life and there was no need for the chron's(seemingly)
I am on scd and it is very difficult to maintain. everything has to be made from scratch, I rarely eat in restraunts, it's very restrictive, but it works for me... though it took me literally months and years, really to implement the diet correctly. I don't take any medication at this point except for an over the counter probiotic(Digestive Advantage Chron's and Colitis formula) but really for most of my life I always avoided taking any medications and to use diet restrictions (vegetarianism, health food) to manage my condition. the SCD has really had the most effect of anything i've used, but I'm kind of stuck on an even MORE restrictive version of the diet, and I would like to get to the root cause of the disease(the emotional sphere)
Go to Top of Page

kenny V

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  06:06:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Steve (scd1833) Wrote :

quote:

Understand one of the reasons for writing. Please have a second look perhaps consider an observation from the text. Even if you pick up one point it may help you to connect something within your present condition. Like I mentioned you could do allot to help the symptoms but unless you get to the underlying burden/ insult you will only have so much relief.

Btw the SCD diet is only supposed to be short term or until the gut is healed. Sometimes it’s enough to gain total health other times you may need to apply an advanced biomedical approach. If the gut lining is damaged which is often always due to Heavy metals and viruses (Note they are tightly bound). If you only keep condition in check by diet etc. Than the underlying burden w/ a host of things including proper enzyme activity just don’t function correctly.

JMHO connect the dots and never stop learning. That is what got us all here in the first place…..No? IMO if you always go back to a history of an illness and do some good investigative work, often you will find the clues to where the illness and condition started. (Well that’s what I did to recover w/my condition) “Find all the triggers”

Anyway look back at the science behind SCD in how it was developed/ used to be helpful. Also look into what parents of vaccine injured / and Heavy metal burdened kids are doing with the SCD diet. You will learn allot from them. Talk to people who have recovered from chron’s Disease, Amalgam poisoning. Bottom line is listen and learn form others to discover similar conditions what they did to get better. Keep an open mind and do your own detective work. Use the common denominator to see what all illnesses have in common, than you can make an educated choice what to do about it.
Just a note just starving the bacteria, overgrowths, the parasitic activity that feeds on the die off is treating the symptom. Yes it can be a way to help it heal. But until you address the underlying burden the condition will only stay in check. Same as seizures you can take the meds apply the correct diets that reduce frequency. But until you go back and treat the culprit, the condition will not get better. In fact with seizures unfortunately that condition gets worse with each episode. Sadly more damage is done each time the brain has trauma.
quote:

The whole detox/emotional theories just seem to be bottomless pits of information and practices,

Well IMO info is priceless Specially if it has to do with healing the body, but again unless we apply what we learn it doesn’t amount to much. Detox is not a theory its real. It’s as real as a virus a bacterium or any other restorative measure, including rehabilitation within a medical condition. Many folks are sick but I must say many are getting better getting off medication. Some are getting back their lives again after a long time from when they first got sick. People have compromised immune systems. Things get overburdened to the point of not being to be able to detox naturally in return they get sick and or develop a chronic condition. Most mainstream docs have not a clue how to treat because they are not versed in this stuff. Besides just like the whole removal of amalgam theory is a hoax and docs are just trying to prey on patients. I don’t think so. “Its REAL” this is once again another cover up in the mainstream, as any amount of mercury belongs in the human body. There are many other toxins man is poisoned causing a slew of medical conditions; problem is we don’t believe it and many folks chase their symptoms for most of their lives. However once the burdened is removed “ properly” and the patient detoxes “ properly" they regain their health and lives back to before when they first got sick. JMHO there is many other culprits to look into. In closing, I know scores of people who now are off all medications regarding many illnesses that have followed up with Amalgam removal and HM detox.

As far as the emotional component Great that one you are aware of and are working on If you stay w that line of thinking and apply its methodology you are on the right tract. Put it into practice and rule out the emotional part of an illness as you are working on another component. Than you will be able to rule out all aspects of the symptom. .

quote:

and I just need something simple, that's why I like sarno's concept and scdiet, but I need to figure out how to get to 100% ( or at least 98%)

Id like to say EZ breezy “one stop shopping” here ya go, do this but that wouldn’t be honest. It’s not that simple. As with many chronic conditions lots of hard work investigation and discovery. Again sometimes things may need a multifaceted approach…Bottom line if you haven’t entertained the thought than perhaps it’s worth looking into. I have nothing to sell you other than hope. Again something to consider for your self would include Hm detox. IMO it cannot hurt anyone with any disease or sickness. In fact the body would be in better shape than when it started.

Wishing health and healing for everyone. Happy New Year

Kenny V

Always Hope For Recovery
Go to Top of Page

scd1833

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  13:08:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kennyv,
thanks for the reply, I have investigated HM detox and have tried the liver detox and colon cleansing, and stuff like that. It was some time ago, and I seem to remember that the process was probably out of my league as far as cost goes, and I don't believe I was too confident in my ability to execute the process. I could be wrong.
the other problem I have, is that there are just so MANY approaches, theories, and treatments, that it is difficult to know which are essentially placebo effect treatments and which are "real" without extensive lab testing, research, etc...etc... on my part.
Also, part of me wants to believe that there is some kind of unified field theory of health/illness that exists, and the mind/body approach seems to work like that at times.
I'm interested in your knowledge on the subject though, maybe you should contact me off list.
Go to Top of Page

kenny V

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  21:04:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Hi Kennyv,thanks for the reply, I have investigated HM detox and have tried the liver detox and colon cleansing, and stuff like that. It was some time ago, and I seem to remember that the process was probably out of my league as far as cost goes, and I don't believe I was too confident in my ability to execute the process. I could be wrong.
the other problem I have, is that there are just so MANY approaches, theories, and treatments, that it is difficult to know which are essentially placebo effect treatments and which are "real" without extensive lab testing, research, etc...etc... on my part.

Not that complex to learn or find out. A simple $47 hair test Applied (no script needed). Along with info and knowledge (see below links) with applying Andy Cutler’s counting rules can give you enough info to get a basic snapshot.
Im not going to get into detail about UTMS or Porphyrins testing because that would take some time to explain them. Bottom line is as with any form of testing, extensive or not there are many false positives and false negatives. One reason to use an accurate test that is simple yet non-invasive. Rem the hair can give you 6 months of info as to what is going on in the body. Esp when pertained to minerals and Hm’s.

As far a deotox protocol Andrew Hall Cutler, PhD, PE wrote books extensively on this subject that will help out with testing and interpretation as well. Once familiar with his work you will understand why I am suggesting him. Else I wouldn’t have mentioned, or spent this amount of time. To top it off he also developed a safe protocol to deotox children/ Adults (without a doctor). This man indeed is genius and has made a major contribution across the board to many people who were/ are very sick.

Btw he has personally helped us out allot on a few occasions in many areas related to detoxification. He is a smart man, not just pertaining to HM deotox but many things involving health issues. All I know if it wasn’t for his work my child would not be where he is today. That was well over 5 years ago. (Long story short) Because of a test and a doctor we were told we were finished chelating/detoxing. And Yes I do have a personal appreciation to the man, especially to his work. Most of all have learned so much over the years as related to the application of biomed and getting better using self-treatments. I must also mention NOT to rely so much on t TESTS and Docs. JMHO its all in thee application in relationship to every form of intervention. To me everything else is a just tool, but again they tool must be used properly. Good info is no different. Means nothing unless it’s applied properly.

Have to say learned that about TMS application as well, “thanks” to Dr Sarno. He is another one I am personally indebted to as I suffered 22 years in chronic pain. Btw at that time when I recovered my condition was at its worse. After allot research, going back to connect the dots to my condition and of course the application to his work, finally broke the pain cycle. (You can do a search) My story and testimony is on this forum as well as first TMS help forum. In closing I strongly believe that NO TEST is %100 accurate especially when it comes to heavy metals. But as Andy states in his work by applying each one of these counting rules it will show a high probability that no other tests may reveal. Of course I believe in his work, as he is brilliant man however he is also arrogant and very dogmatic. But that doesn’t make him wrong or take anything away from what he has done to help many people get better.

Here are a few links that relate to his work. Im sure if you take some time you will find it useful
Note: Please pays special attention to the term Impaired mineral transport when it is used. This may help you understand why and how proper heavy metals testing, interpretation as well as deotox can be very difficult to apply. Note you need to understand and consider this Especially as it relates to mercury poisoning. Hope someone may find these materials / info useful as this is all I will offer at this present time. Besides im sure Dave doesn’t want this to turn into a deotox forum. Just putting the cookies out on the lower shelf . Now it’s up to anyone to apply what is presented and perhaps consider if it is worth looking into based on his or her unresolved symptoms. .

http://home.earthlink.net/~moriam/HOW_TO_hair_test.html
http://www.noamalgam.com/hairtestbook.html
http://www.lymebook.com/hair
http://home.earthlink.net/~moriam/
**A Must read *** http://www.noamalgam.com/
Andy's resume is here:http://www.noamalgam.com/vita.html
A Group for protocol / support http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/adult-metal-chelation/

As always my best
Kenny V

Always Hope For Recovery
Go to Top of Page

scd1833

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  09:07:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks again for the info, but I just don't have the funds/ability to replace all of my amalgam filling, buy all the books, have the tests done and learn how to interpret them correctly, and buy the needed supplements for the next four years. I just don't have the money to spend on a potential treatment that I really only know of through conjecture and internet reports.
this could potentially explain my health issues, but it is a HUGE investment of money and time. I have the time, but not the money.
without financial support, and an experienced knowledgeable person to help interpret the results and effects over time I have no way to pursue a project like this
I use SCD and sarno's work because they work and they are essentially FREE. the books are very reasonably priced ($35 seems a little steep for a consumer book on health for me)
if it was a simple clear cut process i could probably do it, but just getting my fillings replaced probably would cost $5000 or more not to mention the cost of everything else. this treatment protocol is just not "poverty friendly" or easy for a layman to implement without extensive study, research, and expensive testing and suppplies.
I wish I could do it, but it is a huge expensive project, and I can't do it by myself without a lot of help. financial and otherwise.
Go to Top of Page

kenny V

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  21:07:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Steve totally respects your wishes, as they will be all your decisions. Yea ultimately we have the right and responsibility to our own heath. Esp when many docs don’t have the answers bc its not the “popular view” Ohh!! And a drug will never fix it …. Anyhow Just trying save you some frustration with the possibility of chasing symptoms for most likely a lifetime of related issues. IMO that kinda stuff don’t go away on its own.

I think you may have discerned I have nothing to sell other than info and Hope. So please copy and/ or save those links for future reference. Again one day you may find them to be valuable resources. At that time hopefully you will re evaluate, make connections and some association with your and other related conditions.
Btw you don’t have to buy anything, learning / educating yourself is enough. Next putting what you learn into application is what is going bring you to the next level of healing. Same as with when I read my first Sarno book. All the info was just the first step to the healing process. The hard work as to what to do with the info was the key to discovery which leead to the healing .
On a side note it would only cost about $30- 40 bucks a month to deotox. So that should not be a stumbling block as most people spend that amount on their morning donut and coffee. Also if ya ever decide to make a move and investigate your symptoms which leads you to go ahead w/ amalgam removal., Please do not even think of doing this with out a certified Dentist’s that performs IAOMT Protocol. They can do more harm than good. And if ya don’t follow-up with deotox you wont be doing your body a favor either.

In closing JMHO there is no amount of money in the world that will ever have a price value to our state of mind, health and well being. To me good info and restoring ones heath is priceless.
Take good care my Friend

Kenny V

Always Hope For Recovery

Edited by - kenny V on 01/11/2009 21:15:12
Go to Top of Page

TotalStrangerFigure

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  09:57:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
scd -
Have you looked into Dr. Andrew Weil's books? Spontaneous Healing and 8 Weeks to Optimum Health are great as is his website www.drweil.com.
Go to Top of Page

scd1833

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  16:56:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been aware of Weil for many years, are you referring to his approach to chron's or his view of heavy metal toxicity.
I've read a few of his books and seen him on pbs tv, I know he reccomends sarno, but I don't know of his views on chrons specifically or any relation to heavy metal/mercury toxicity
what specifically were you referring to?

Steve
Go to Top of Page

TotalStrangerFigure

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  10:08:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Steve,

If you have read his books, then I don't have a whole lot to add, but if you go the website and type Crohn's in the search box in the upper righthand corner, you will get his specific recommendations for that condition. He is a bit skeptical about the whole detox thing, saying that the body has natural ways to detoxify itself. We just need to stop putting junk into it.

I remember in one of his books (maybe you read this too) he related an experience where there were 2 women in a hospital at the same time with lupus. Both were near death. Then one woman fell in love and the other found religion. Both of these women made a complete recovery - their lupus disappeared! Now lupus is autoimmune and Crohn's is autoimmune - who knows what could happen? I see you made the connection that your Crohn's was under control when you were experiencing another physical problem.

Anyway, I thought you might find something valuable in Dr. Weil's natural, holistic approach; and he does recommend Dr. Sarno's books.

I will be checking back to hear of your progress!
Go to Top of Page

hottm8oh

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  14:51:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TotalStrangerFigure

Hi, Steve,

If you have read his books, then I don't have a whole lot to add, but if you go the website and type Crohn's in the search box in the upper righthand corner, you will get his specific recommendations for that condition. He is a bit skeptical about the whole detox thing, saying that the body has natural ways to detoxify itself. We just need to stop putting junk into it.

I agree with the bolded statement. There are ways to "detox" without buying supplements or cleansing products. My doctor recommended an elimination diet for me, which I intend to do right after I have my celiac test in two weeks. The diet eliminates gluten, sugar, most processed foods, and common allergens for 30 days then slowly adds the allergens back in. Gluten, sugar and processed foods are permanently eliminated. You can determine if you are reacting to certain foods that way.
Go to Top of Page

kenny V

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  10:45:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like I mentioned IM not here to sell anything. Believe me (last post for a while), If you can also discern I have neither motive nor anything to benefit other than. Just plain sharing info with a fellow listmate and those who may suffer from chronic conditions. Again only put the cookies out on the lower shelf, perhaps (something to consider) rather than chase symptoms around treating the result of chronic condition rather than the underlying burden.

Look I know this is a TMS forum, as I was part of it for many years myself. . It was very helpful in understanding one component as related to my total healing. Again I am grateful for all the support as well as all of Dr Sarno’s work. However im a strong opinion as the Sarno approach is not going to solve ALL health issues PERIOD! . The human body has a very complex makeup each component must be addressed
Not to disregard, things that effect the “ Auto immune” system (especially when its on Auto pilot). These things are much more complex to solve, than addressing only one component. So with that said I will close with Couple things to look into related to detox.

You can learn so much from every disease and sickness also sees a timeline in what the medical community discovered. Actually “ History will teach allot “ ESP if we learn to read our own history. Always look to what conditions have what in common most importantly what they did to get better. Here’s a few Q’s you may want to consider.

Where did they put the coal miners when they were too sick to work and why?
What is the half-life of Hg in the body and what will ultimately remove it from tissue and organs?
What are the most dangerous toxic elements on the earth and how does it effect us?
What is needed to cross the Blood brain barrier and why is it near impossible to remove toxins from fatty tissue especially in the brain.

As regard to GI issues allergies chemical, sensitivities and the like….
Ps you can diet all you want remove-offending foods take all the supplements that your body is not using nor absorbing properly. But if these essential minerals are wasting away, enzyme activity is blocked, amino acids are not converted nor doing their jobs etc…than the body is not processing/ responding to these functions properly. Think about it, you“must remove the underlying burden” get the bodies cycle in sync before you can maintain proper function. In these effected areas.

JMHO all the isolating placebo’s, applying positive energy / wishful thinking, including intense journaling will not remove these blockages nor restore ones optimum health. Lately two Quotes id like to share with you all by a great pioneer in biomedical interventio by Dr Sidney Baker. He said, “if you are sitting on a tack and do nothing to remove it. Than all the medicine in the world is not going to solve the problem. You can treat with a host of things that may help or cover up the issues but never treat the underlying condition.

Also he explained it has been said, “you are what you eat” which is true, “ However we also are what we do not excrete”….. IMO something to think about

Good luck, God bless

Kenny V

Always Hope For Recovery
Go to Top of Page

scd1833

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  01:01:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I appreciate your info and input kenny, and I appreciate everyone else adding to the discussion. It (heave metal removal)may be a very real and pertinent treatment for many afflictions, but like I said, I have experienced instances where chron's acts very much like a TMS equivalent disappearing mysteriously for a length of time, and then recurring for no apparent reason.
I do wish I had the time and money to at least investigate this treatment, but i really don't at this time in my life, and the sarno mind/body approach is free and doesn't even take a lot of time just an adjustment to my thought process, that while difficult, seems to work in many cases.
Go to Top of Page

stanfr

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  05:09:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you have a healthy dose of skepticism, Scd. I havent seen any strong evidence supporting the whole detox idea. There's not much supporting Sarno, either, the difference is that Sarno's approach is psyche-based, which makes it really tough to do studies on! Not so with supplements and diets. I think one has to be extremely cautious with the seduction of internet 'cleansing' approaches and the like. I was once half convinced that i had a 'leaky gut' issue(due to sinus congestion/colds and psoriasis, which i initially thought was fungal)and started with the detox and supplement approach, and in retrospect this was a huge mistake, because it helped promote the idea that my body was weak, and fed my doubts about what turned out to be the real problem--TMS! Don't know about crohn's, but i have had IBS symptoms that were most definitely TMS.
From KennyV's links, here's a few "diseases" that supposedly are caused by mercury poisoning:
sciatica, allergies, colitis, fibromyalgia, panic attacks, gastritis
That's a direct contradiction to Sarno, period. Either one or the other is correct. you decide.

Edited by - stanfr on 01/16/2009 05:24:22
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000