TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Why we need to increase the visibility of TMS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

forestfortrees

393 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  11:13:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

(This thread has a little bit of adult oriented humor in it. Please don't scroll down if you are easily offended...)

Is this far enough? No? Okay.

How about this? I'm a goodist, so just to be safe, I'll add a few more. :-)

Many small websites that want to advertise let Google provide advertising for the site. Unfortunately, advertising for non-TMS approaches to back pain often shows up on TMS websites that use Google ads. Being the world's most curious person, I wanted to figure out why this was the case. In the process of investigating, I found out that while there are, in an average month, 110 searches from the US in English for "Tension Myositis Syndrome." The same webpage also helpfully notified me that there are about 1000 for "Traumatic Masturbatory Syndrome." Nine times as many!

Ouch! I bet you need therapy for that, too!

For comparison, there are about 390 for "John Sarno," 91 for "Dr. John Sarno", 260 for "Dr. Sarno," 110 for "John E Sarno," and 170 for "Dr. John E Sarno." There are 480 for "TMS Sarno." (Ignore uppercase/lowercase distinctions when considering these numbers because Google doesn't distinguish.)

-ForestForTrees

IMPORTANT NOTE: After previewing my post, I thought that I would provide you guys with a link to the site where I got the above data:
https://adwords.google.ca/select/KeywordToolExternal
When I did, I noticed that I had goofed up by clicking on the Canadian google rather than the US one. It is possible that the above numbers would be different if I had searched on the US Google, but I'm don't care enough to check (sorry... I've already made my joke). Also, if the nine to one ratio is actually particular to Canada, I don't think I would want to know that fact. Too much information about our beloved neighbor to the north, I think.

However, this does call into question most of the data above. Feel free to check it with US sources (try just changing .ca to .com in the above address) to see if they are any different. Please don't tell me the results, though if they will make me afraid to go to Canada.

forestfortrees

393 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  12:25:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By the way, I couldn't help making a joke about "the other TMS," but I don't mean to make light of the need for increasing the visibility of TMS. Doing so was one of my reasons for starting the TMS wiki, and seems like a topic worth discussing on this forum. Any thoughts?

It's a slightly different topic, but I've also wondered whether Dr. Sarno might be willing to give one of his books into the public domain when he dies. He mentioned in a video I watched yesterday that he graduated from med school in 1950 (guess where I found the link? Thank you, Tpunk for adding it!). The fact that he is still working at his age must mean that TMS is a real mission for him. I'm sure he would like to preserve the royalties on his books for his children and grandkids (assuming he has them), but I wonder if he has thought of releasing one book for free on the internet, perhaps under a Creative Commons license.

Edited by - forestfortrees on 01/16/2009 12:36:16
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000