TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 hot flashes as TMS?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Effie

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  05:18:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just wondering if there are any menopausal women in this forum who have felt that their hot flashes might be TMS related and used Dr. Sarno's techniques to eliminate or reduce them significantly? I've used Dr. Sarno's techniques to almost completely eliminate severe pain that I was experiencing, but I haven't tried his techniques on my hot flashes yet. However, before I discovered TMS, when my pain was the most severe, my hot flashes were absolutely horrifying - I couldn't sleep for having hot and cold sweats all night long. At that time, I discovered that acupuncture treatments helped the pain a little and the hot flashes a LOT. Since discovering TMS and eliminating the pain, I still keep having ups and downs with the flashes, but I've started noticing that when I'm not thinking about them, they get better! If I'm preoccupied with other things, I can go for days without having one hot flash. And sometimes just thinking about them can bring one on. I've been starting to suspect that maybe they are TMS related, too and just wanted to see if anyone else has felt that way, too, and was wondering if you could share how treating them as a symptom of TMS helped?

LuvtoSew

USA
327 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  06:32:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never got hot flashes from menopause (maybe once or twice) and did not go on estrogen replacement. I have heard horror stories all my life about menopause and hot flashes (saying this because I think it makes some women expect to have hot flashes- and if you expect something to happen it probably will), so some women get them , some get them mildly, and some don't. Are you on estrogen replacement? I declined estrogen replacement because I felt it was natural process for women to go through since the beginning of time and also know some women on estrogen keep having break through bleeding and their dose always needs to be titrated.

So if you are going through memopause naturally, they may just let up on their own.

The thing with menopause tho is make sure your Vit D3 levels are good if not getting sun and your intake of calcium for your bones.

Edited by - LuvtoSew on 01/01/2009 06:34:04
Go to Top of Page

Effie

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  08:31:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not on estrogen replacement either -- I feel the same way that it's a natural process and I'm very glad I'm done with those PMS days! The flashes seem to have gotten a LOT better since I've been using the TMS techniques for the pain and they are not nearly as bad as they were -- and I think that like you said, they may just be letting up on their own naturally, too. But just like with the pain, I keep having to deal with this underlying fear that they will come back -- I think I'm going to try treating them as if they were a symptom of TMS for a while to see what happens.

I read in a book about menopause (can't remember the name of it now) where the author said a good way to think of menopause is that it's a "reverse puberty" -- you're just going back to the childlike state you were in before you reached puberty, without all the hormonal ups and downs (i.e. PMS, etc.) associated with puberty. I really like thinking of it in that way! I'm not getting older, I'm getting younger!
Go to Top of Page

LuvtoSew

USA
327 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  10:50:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I do agree its a natural thing, One thing I've heard, is that ----------taking estrogen therapy just prolongs menopause, ------- why not just get done with it the quickest we can.

There are a few good things about it tho, not having to carry the supplies!!!

Yes were getting younger, as long as we avoid the mirrors. Happy New Year.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000