TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Facing my fear
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

debbette

44 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  07:17:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Going back to the neuro tomorrow to get these new symptoms checked out. I originally went in the summer when "it" all began with one foot tingling. The neuro determined the cause to be sciatica (which led me to the TMS diagnosis) and I never went back for my follow up (I however did go to a TMS Dr. who agreed it's TMS). Since then, my other foot started tingling along with my left hand, I developed a buzzing in my left foot and now muscle twitching all over and pain in my left arm. All of these new symptoms developed at the same time I was going through very hard emotional stuff AND focusing on my feelings (journaling, ect.). I started psychotherapy a few weeks ago and that's when the muscle twitching began. So while this makes me believe even more it's TMS, in order to move forward, I need to face my fear and go back to the neuro and get these new symptoms checked out. I am absolutely TERRIFIED to do this. Terrified of the tests/MRIs and, of course, of him finding some horrid disease. But, in order to REALLY believe it's TMS, I need to hear, "I can't find anything wrong with you."
Debbie

LuvtoSew

USA
327 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  13:03:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think thats good you are having tests done, that way you'll know if it really is something or tms. I think it is always worst not knowing, than finding out. Once you find out you can move on to treatment, tms or something else, but otherwise you stay in limbo land. Good Luck- keep us posted.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000