TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Okay enough
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

meema

10 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  09:05:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have any words of wisdom on how to motivate yourself to keep plugging at the TMS when you feel "okay enough"? I still have a little bit of pain, some anxiety, but it's not enough that I need to take anything for it, and it doesn't interfere with my daily life, so I'm finding it really difficult to get myself to do any journaling, etc.

The problem is that there's still enough old rage and pain in me so that I'm quite vulnerable to setbacks, as I learned recently after visiting my dad. He's a sinkhole of neediness and a masterful guilt-inducer, and I though I was doing a good job of feeling my feelings at the time, but apparently not, because two days later I was reaching for the percocet to deal with my old neck/shoulder pain. The good news is that I recognized it immediately for what it was, did some journaling and got in touch with a whole lot of rage. The pain morphed into a migraine, which then magically disappeared in a few hours.

So I still have a little discomfort, and I promised myself I would journal every day for a while, but I'm sitting here with a wall of resistance in front of me. I do not want to feel this stuff. I do not want to. Which is why I have TMS in the first place, and probably why I'm writing this post, to avoid doing any real emotional work.

marsha

252 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  13:21:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
According to Dr. Sarno's books if you continue to take narcotics your recovery is compromised. By taking pain killers like percocet you are sending a message to you brain that you aren't sure you have TMS.
You sound like you are doing pretty well. Don't buy into the physical pain. I know it is difficult ..I suffer from this also..Think the symptom is the pain the cause is the brain.
Marsha
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000