TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 NPR Interview about Allergies
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

carbar

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2009 :  18:56:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

On Talk of the Nation Science Friday, they featured a story about allergies. There were 3 scientists/physicians talking about studying allergies.

The guests spent along time talking about current research about allergies. They explain what an allergic reaction is. When the host asks why his allergies cleared up suddenly at a certain age, the M.D. answers, "You are lucky."

When callers called in to mention how using a netty pot or going to the chiropractor cleared up their allergies...the M.D. answers, "You are lucky."

When the host asks what role stress or emotions play in allergy, the M.D. totally downplayed it and changed the subject to how these are REAL chemical reactions. So, I guess if you are doctor it's cool to believe in chemistry and LUCK, but certainly not emotions as a cause of symptoms. :)

This interview makes it SOO clear that mainstream Docs and Scientists are trained to look at the concrete, measurable results. Anything that doesn't fit in doesn't earn a place on their radar.

Here's a link to the show site:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=103457984

celloLWF

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2009 :  20:43:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know, it's funny.

"your lucky" is some how more concrete and real than "emotions and brain function."
Go to Top of Page

sarita

130 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2009 :  06:10:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i had a myriad of tms symptoms last spring. neck pain, headaches, i was depressed, anxious, lightheaded etc. interesting: i didnt suffer from allergy then, at all, for the first time in 10 years, whereas on other springs (including this one) i have to take very strong medication, inhalers, 24/7 for it, just to control it. hint?
btw cellolwf, are you a cellist?
then we are two.
Go to Top of Page

celloLWF

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2009 :  15:52:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes, i'm a cellist. I had TMS in the form of RSI for two years which vanished after I undid the mental conditioning :)
Go to Top of Page

sarita

130 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  15:13:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cellolwf,

thats very cool. i am recovering...my rsi is funny. i have a very nervous feeling in the arms at times. but, i am over the pain and i am also doing the mental conditioning. my upper back only hurts 10% of what it used to, and my arms are not on fire anymore. but it was and is a long process. does that sound a bit like what you had? was there one particular thing which helped you you care to share?

many more musicians would be helped with this.

greetings
Go to Top of Page

Chrysalis

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  13:59:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of course they would say that. Keeping us sick is their bread and butter.
Go to Top of Page

forestfortrees

393 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  17:59:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to share this, since it's relevant to the topic. A user on the TMS wiki asked in our Q&A section whether or not allergies could be TMS. John Stracks and Georgie Oldfield both responded. The answer seems to be a "Yes, but..." and it's also a very interesting read. Check it out:

Can Allergies Be TMS? at the TMS Wiki Q&A

tmswiki.org
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000