TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Regarding pinched nerves
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Albert

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  16:47:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello:

I used to post here a several years ago. I used to have lower back, upper back and neck pain (mainly lower back). I got rid of the pain by getting clear on psychological issues. I meditate, and I found that right where the flow of my energy would get stuck, I would experience pain in that part of my body. As soon as I got clear on the responsible issue, the block would go away, my energy would flow, and my pain would go away.

I'm about 98% better. I say 98% better rather than 100%, because occasionally an issue will come up, I'll experience a little bit of tightness, but never the pain I used to experience.

The reason I decided to write a post after being away for several years, is because I wanted to state the below.

I don't believe the pinched nerve theory adds up. Just as you can't turn on a light by pressing on the wire that connects it to a power source (you have to turn the switch), a neuron isn't activated by having something such as a disc press against its axon. Some sort of stimulus needs to be provided at the neuron's dendrites. Nociceptors are the only kind of neurons that take part in the creation of pain. The dendrites of a nociceptor aren't located by a person's spinal chord or the gaps that exist between two vertebra. A nociceptor's dendrites are located by the part of a person's body it is supposed to receive signals from, such as the tip of a person's finger.

P.S. I need to add that I take a mind-body-spirit approach, rather than a mind-body approach.

Edited by - Albert on 05/12/2009 16:50:15
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000