TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Example of getting rid of pain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Albert

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2009 :  17:32:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Below is an example of how I got over pain by letting go of a psychological issue.

I had pain by one of my shoulder blades. The kind that makes it hard to move and makes it so you can't sleep on that side of your body.

I found that I had an energetic block in this part of my body, because of how I related with my mom. She wanted me to need her, because she believed that she needed me to need her in order for us to share love. I realized that I can share love with her more completely by not buying into the neediness circle, than by buying into it. I set the intent to let go of this false idea, my energetic block went away, and so did my pain.

A physician who doesn't believe that mind, body and spirit work together might have a hard time believing the above is true, just as a physician who looks for physical explanations alone won't except a psychological explanation for back pain. In spirit body terms, our heart chakra extends to our shoulder blades. Issues that relate to love can cause energetic blocks that lead to physical problems.

What I write is mostly based upon my experience, rather than what I read.

crk

124 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  20:19:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great story! Thanks for sharing!
Go to Top of Page

fibri

Belgium
56 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2009 :  03:45:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice to hear of a success like this!

You write:
"I found that I had an energetic block in this part of my body, because of how I related with my mom."

I don't know if this is easy to answer, but how did you identify that this was the issue? I find that I can dig into my mind and "find" a lot of issues but they are all mostly things in the past that I feel a sense of detachment from now and it's hard to tell if any particular one is important or not.

Do you know what chakra may be involved in sciatica / leg pain and lower back? I've tried to identify what issue my leg pain is trying to signal to me but I can't quite grasp it ... if you see what I mean?

I have done tai chi in the past but I really don't know much about chakra energy so maybe this is a dumb question :-)
Go to Top of Page

flutterby

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2009 :  05:36:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
fibri - there is a whole chapter on what various illnesses/pains represent in Debbie Shapiro's 'The Bodymind Workbook' and there is a LOT about chakras as well. It's quite an old book - I've had mine since the early nineties - but it might be worth looking at if you're interested.

Under 'sciatica' she says, 'the direction we are going in is causing us deep inner pain, but it is in the back so it is a pain that we're not consciously wanting to acknowledge; we would rather keep it hidden and not communicate with it, or deal with what it is trying to tell us.'

I've been a lot better since I discovered through journaling how much I want to change 'careers', if you can call it that at my age!

Go to Top of Page

Albert

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2009 :  11:39:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For one thing, I keep track of my dreams. I keep a dream journal by my bed so I can take notes right after I dream.

Also, on some occasions when I meditate, I'll ask what's causing a block, and I'll be shown a symbolic visual image of what's causing the block.

Regarding what issue will cause sciatica, I believe there is more than one issue that can cause sciatica. Some people say that financial issues can cause lower back pain. Sexual issues could relate to sciatica, therefore, make certain you have a healthy and balanced approach to sexuality.

CRK:

You're welcome.

quote:
Originally posted by fibri

Nice to hear of a success like this!

You write:
"I found that I had an energetic block in this part of my body, because of how I related with my mom."

I don't know if this is easy to answer, but how did you identify that this was the issue? I find that I can dig into my mind and "find" a lot of issues but they are all mostly things in the past that I feel a sense of detachment from now and it's hard to tell if any particular one is important or not.

Do you know what chakra may be involved in sciatica / leg pain and lower back? I've tried to identify what issue my leg pain is trying to signal to me but I can't quite grasp it ... if you see what I mean?

I have done tai chi in the past but I really don't know much about chakra energy so maybe this is a dumb question :-)

Edited by - Albert on 06/01/2009 11:40:37
Go to Top of Page

fibri

Belgium
56 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2009 :  13:42:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lots of food for thought here. Thanks for that helpful quote from Debbie Shapiro, flutterby. It seems spot on! Since my low back pain started last year I have been trying to change career direction, without any success so far. In the past few weeks I've had the tantalising possibility of change but then it sort of dissolved. So this seems very appropriate. I think I need to think/journal more deeply about what this all means to me. Thank you!

Albert, your advice about dreams seems very useful. I was just telling my daughter today that since I started the TMS treatmetn process my dreams have been very bizarre and vivid, but I haven't paid much attention to their content. I shall start to do so. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

flutterby

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2009 :  14:38:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
fibri wrote:

'I think I need to think/journal more deeply about what this all means to me.'

I'm currently teaching - and my back problems started when I had a class I found difficult to cope with 42 yrs ago. So I did a 'spider' diagram - I think it was one of Georgie Oldfield's suggestions - with 'teaching' at the centre and various 'legs' going out from it, denoting all the ways that teaching affects me negatively. I think there were at least 10 legs! So you might try something similar?

Like you, I've had a tantalising time recently! I'm trying to switch to greetings cards design, which I've wanted to do since I was a teenager, and a publisher showed an interest at the end of March but then didn't reply to my email! I'm carrying on with the designing anyway and have decided that no matter how many of my pupils leave at the end of the school year, I'm not going to advertise for more. I'll be going out on a bit of a limb with this, financially, but at the moment, the only time I'm in pain is after I've been teaching so I think I need to be bold and take the risk - at last!
Go to Top of Page

fibri

Belgium
56 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  03:46:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the idea of spider diagrams! I find journaling very difficult. I think it's because writing is my job, and I find it hard to write spontaneously without thinking about structure, spelling, style... ALl that sort of takes the spontaneity out of it. (On the forum it's OK, it's when I'm journaling that I get stuck!)

Spider diagrams sound like mind maps, which I've used before (as a working tool). Never thought to use them as a "think psychological" tool.

I'll try it out :-)
Go to Top of Page

fibri

Belgium
56 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  03:49:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I'm trying to switch to greetings cards design, ... the only time I'm in pain is after I've been teaching so I think I need to be bold and take the risk - at last!

I also find my pain worse when I'm doing my "old" work. Good luck in your new greetings card venture. I'll keep my fingers crossed for us both :-)
Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  22:43:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got up because I found myself lying in bed with fibro pain and an almost unbearable exhaustion, that I haven't had so much since TMS discovery/work.

I am spending a lot of time trying to get out of an entangled business /work situation. It is enraging, as I just discovered when I did some journaling and every other word was you stupid f*ck, etc.

Aaarrgh! I feel a bit hopeless. I feel too tired to really move the energy, too entangled to just change things until they are resolved, I feel trapped. I want out. I guess that would make my body hurt and shut down, right?

Love is the answer, whatever the question
Go to Top of Page

Albert

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  10:42:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One thing that helps me gain perspective with problematic life situations, is that I've had a number of spiritual experiences that have let me know that there is more to existence than life in this World. This World is a temporary experience we go through for learning purposes, until we move on to a much better way of being. Not to suggest that we can't make things better for ourselves while in this World.

quote:
Originally posted by Wavy Soul

I just got up because I found myself lying in bed with fibro pain and an almost unbearable exhaustion, that I haven't had so much since TMS discovery/work.

I am spending a lot of time trying to get out of an entangled business /work situation. It is enraging, as I just discovered when I did some journaling and every other word was you stupid f*ck, etc.

Aaarrgh! I feel a bit hopeless. I feel too tired to really move the energy, too entangled to just change things until they are resolved, I feel trapped. I want out. I guess that would make my body hurt and shut down, right?

Love is the answer, whatever the question

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000