TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Ladies question: Heavy periods.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Elorac

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2009 :  12:18:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm hoping that someone may have experience of this and be able to help.
I'm 49, I have been on the contraceptive pill for many years and usually while being on the pill, have very light periods.
Recently they have become heavier. I have mentioned this to the family planning nurse, and she told me it may be due to my age (start of menopause I assume), also it can be caused by running two packs of pills consecutively before taking a break.
I have been very successful in recovering from pain symptoms of TMS. I have recently been going through some family stress, and I think it's possible that this new symptom may also be TMS, or at least partly TMS.
TMS pain is caused by reduced blood flow, so I believe that increased blood flow can also be stress related.
I know that other conditions can cause this, and also it may just be the start of menopause, and if this persists or worsens, I will need to seek further medical advice. I don't want any medical warnings about it might be this or it might be that.
What I would like to ask is, has anyone had a similar experience, and successfully treated it as TMS?
Can you give any advice about specific methods used? Perhaps someone has used a particular guided imagery to reduce blood flow?
Any advice in relation to this being stress related would be helpful.
Many thanks,
Carole.

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  10:31:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I've successfully used a TMS approach to irregularities in periods.

I think that they can provide an effective distraction from our emotions, just as pain and other conditions can!

I didn't use any special technique - just the usual.

Hilary N

Edited by - HilaryN on 06/03/2009 10:34:22
Go to Top of Page

Elorac

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  12:15:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Hilary.
Go to Top of Page

crk

124 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  13:28:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you should see a Naturopath about all your hormonal changes and health. I LOVE what my NP has done for me. I am in menopause now, just started this year. There are a lot of things naturopathy can do, especially if you are coming off the effects of the pill.
Go to Top of Page

Peg

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  17:45:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of course you should always consult your physician and rule out anything abnormal.
That said, during peri-menopause, it is not unusual for women to have irregular and heavier than normal menses. This can occur in the 40's certainly.
I went through it after losing my mom. Not sure if they were connected, but I just took it in stride and rode it out (seeing my MD for regular exams of course). I kept up with my tms mindset, but didn't try to change it, not did I make a big deal about it.
I think your idea about trying visualization is an excellent idea. Dr. Bernie Siegel has seen it reduce blood loss during surgery when the patients visualized that outcome beforehand. Even doubtful surgeons have been shocked by it's effectiveness.

Peg

In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual. Galileo Galilei
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000