TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 "International" meetup and wiki tour - BYO
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2009 :  06:37:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those that were unable to make the London meetup today, why not join us for an online meetup and wiki tour on Sunday May 31st?

It will be a chance to have a guided tour of the wiki, with an introduction to editing it yourself. Afterwards you can have a natter (chat) with other TMS-ers, new and experienced.

This will be a BYO event (Bring Your Own food and drink!)

Time is below.

RSVP to this thread or contact me.

Hilary N

Edited by - HilaryN on 05/30/2009 07:22:48

forestfortrees

393 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  07:58:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got emails from two members of the tms_support Yahoo Group (http: //health.groups.yahoo.com/group/tms_support/ ) saying that they want to join the meetup/tour. It's always great to talk with other TMSers because they actually understand what you've been going through, and this event would be a great way to meet them if you are interested.

(The TMSHelp forum has a policy that you can't have any clickable links to websites that are supported by advertising. Because Yahoo has advertising, I've inserted extra spaces into the web address above so that it won't be clickable. To visit it, you have to paste the address into your browser and remove the extra space. The space comes right after the letters "http:". The wiki doesn't have any advertising, so I can do "live" links to it.)

For those who don't know, Yahoo Groups are online forums like TMSHelp, that you can either read by visiting a forum (like with TMSHelp) or by getting messages in your email. They are somewhat more private than TMSHelp because you can't read them unless you sign up, so they are much harder to find through Google. However, it is possible to sign up without getting the emails.

Fred Amir, author of Rapid Recovery From Back and Neck Pain also runs a Yahoo Group about TMS called RapidRecovery (http: //health.groups.yahoo.com/group/rapidrecovery/ ), on which he frequently posts. He's really nice and has always been supportive of the wiki. The email in this TMSHelp post was actually first sent out on his Yahoo Group. Recently, we've been talking about doing success stories using videos, after he saw the ones that I have posted at the wiki.

Anyway, if you are curious about the TMS Yahoo Groups and would like to meet some people from the tms_support Group, two members have said that they want to come along, so the meetup will probably be a great way to do it.

Forest

Edited by - forestfortrees on 05/20/2009 08:18:15
Go to Top of Page

pandamonium

United Kingdom
202 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2009 :  14:22:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,

sounds fun, count me in.

Panda

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A beginner's guide to psychology: If it's not your mum's fault.... it's your dad's...
Go to Top of Page

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  07:23:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By the way, in order to participate, it's best if you have speakers and a microphone on your PC. If you don't have these, you can still participate by phoning in, but that would mean having to pay phone call charges.

I'm guessing that one could participate (without phoning in) if one had speakers but not a microphone - one could always ask questions by typing them in.

You'll need to at least hear what's going on as it won't make much sense otherwise.

Hilary N
Go to Top of Page

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2009 :  10:01:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here are the instructions for joining in:

1. Please click on this link on Sunday, May 31 at 5:00 PM British Summer Time / 12 midday Eastern Daylight Time (U.S.):
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/240584018

2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone. If you want to call in and your country isn't listed below, let me know, and I'll see whether I can get a no. for your country.

Australia: +61 (0) 7 3123 4427
Belgium: +32 (0) 28 08 1215
United Kingdom: +44 (0) 203 355 7646
United States: +1 516 453 0010

Access Code: 240-584-018
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting

Meeting ID: 240-584-018

Click here to find out what time it is now in British Summer Time or Eastern Daylight Time.

I'm looking forward to talking to you!

Hilary N

Edited by - HilaryN on 05/30/2009 07:29:44
Go to Top of Page

Capn Spanky

112 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2009 :  12:21:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very cool! Thanks for this!!
Go to Top of Page

Peg

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2009 :  18:27:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds good. I'm in.

Peg

In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual. Galileo Galilei
Go to Top of Page

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  09:49:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By the way, if anyone has any problem accessing the meeting, you can try typing a question in the wiki chat room:
http://tmswiki.wetpaint.com/page/TMS+Chat+Room

The session will be starting in 10 mins. Do feel free to drop in even if you haven't RSVP'd.

Hilary N
Go to Top of Page

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2009 :  06:43:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many thanks for everyone's participation in this. We had people from 3 continents participating and I really enjoyed chatting to you all.

We are planning another session at the end of June. If you'd like to receive an email nearer the time about the next session, see this page:
http://tmswiki.wetpaint.com/page/The+TMS+Wiki%27s+tour+and+meetup

Hilary N
Go to Top of Page

Peg

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2009 :  05:15:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great job with this Hilary. It was wonderful learn from others experiences with healing tms.

Look forward to future meet-ups.

Peg

In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual. Galileo Galilei
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000