TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Autoimmune diseases and TMS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jena

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  03:48:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How is everyone doing? For those of you who know me I am Sarnos patient who cured her back pain years ago. Unfortunately, ever since then I've had many other unexplanable ailments. I recently have come to the conclusion I am 24 years old who has sjogrens. In case no one knows what that is it is when your body attacks it's tear and salivary glands. This has happened overnight for me. I haven't been diagnosed by a dr but I'm pretty sure I have it. I'm awfully young for it but I have no other explanation for why my tear and salivary glands are blocked. My ANA blood test is negative which is strange. Anyway the reason I am writig on the TMs forum for this is because my dad who is currently reading Sarnof book pointing something interesting out to me. Sarno explains tms can actually block salivary glands. It can also causedry eye n mouth. Anyone have experience with this?

I do not think it is TMS related but there is a slight possibility it can be. I am following up with my regular dr. I just wanted to know if anyone has had a similar experience. Thank you.

sarita

130 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  04:10:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jena, wait until you are diagnosed properly by a doctor! you cant really be "pretty sure you have it".
what are the diagnostic tools for it?
Go to Top of Page

Elorac

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  04:54:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jena,
have you read johnaccardi's success story?
Go to Top of Page

Jena

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  12:13:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, I havent heard his success story. I would love to though. Where can I find it? The diagnostic tools are an ANA blood test, a lip biopsy, a schirmers test for the eyes, and a test to see how much saliva you produce. I have had two ana tests and the first one was positive; however, I was sick during the time and they said that could have made the test positive. When they repeated the ANA test this time it was negative. The schirmer test which tests the tear glands production of tears the doctor said my eyes are extremely dry and that is rare for someone my age. One of my saliva glands are blocked and my tear ducts are blocked and this is a classic sign of sjogrens. It is strange how fast this is happening to me. I have also read that the schirmer test isnt that accurate though but I dont even need that test to tell me how dry my eyes are because I can see all the chalazions and blocked tear ducts just by looking at my eyes.

The only thing that I am confused about is I am not sure if my body just isnt producing saliva or it is producing but it cannot come out because of a blockage. I also read that in other countries sjogrens doesnt even exist and in the UNited States over 4 million women have this disease. That automatically made me think of Sarno. I know Sarno mentions TMS might cause autoimmune diseases but if that was the case wouldnt the autoimmune diseases be reversible then? I am going to the dentist today hopefully he will be able to answer some of my questions. Im open to any suggestions or thoughts. That success story might lighten my mood up a little bit. My anxiety is through the roof today.
Go to Top of Page

Elorac

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  12:59:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5601
Hi Jena, click on the link above for johnaccardi's success story. For other success stories just click on "All Forums" and then choose "Success Stories."
I followed John's struggle throughout his posts on here and it was wonderful to read that he had overcome his symptoms. I hope it will help you.
Best Wishes,
Carole
Go to Top of Page

RageSootheRatio

Canada
430 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  13:42:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jena, in terms of a "blockage" did you ever see this article, which I thought might interest you:

http://whatareyouthinkingpeople.com/blog/2008/06/08/chronic-stuffy-nose-maybe-you-just-need-to-cry/

From this thread: http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5537

Also .. you might be interested in reading more of John Accardi's story *before* his success .. he really suffered greatly with what he *thought* was Sjogren's but was actually TMS the whole time. (I think if you click on his name or do a search you will find his past posts.)
Go to Top of Page

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  15:54:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A couple more success stories here:

http://tmswiki.wetpaint.com/page/Dry+Eye

Hilary N
Go to Top of Page

sarita

130 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  06:27:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jena maybe email this johnaccardi? maybe meet him on skype?
all the best!
Go to Top of Page

Carolyn

184 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  19:06:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jenna,
I am also a Sarno success story after beating pelvic pain 100%. Like you, I had a sudden onset of completely dry eyes and mouth- literally woke up one day stone dry. I can sympathize with you on how awful this is. It took me a while for me to realize it was TMS- I actually came to the forum and someone told me no it's not TMS, it's Sjogren's so I went away and suffered some more. My Schirmer's test was a 0 in one eye and a 1 or 2 in the other and even though all my antibody tests were all negative, the rheumatologist told me I had Sjogren's because of how dry I was.
The condition completely took over my life causeing me to modify everything i did to keep my eyes out of the wind. I can't remember exactly what put the lightbulb on for me but one day I realized that I was suffering so much - such a strong emotional reaction- that is might be TMS. The forum member and the doctor had given me a strong Nocebo effect, allowing me to wallow in my illness. But the bottom line was that once I realized it was TMS, I was able to get rid of it just like the pelvic pain. As soon as I started journaling about it, I had a twinge of pelvic pain that I hadn't had in a long time and then I KNEW the dryness was TMS and that was the beginning of my victory over it. I don't have Sjogren's syndrome and I doubt that you do either. Automimmune diesases are a slow destruction of the glandular tissue, not an overnight onset. The antibodies ANA -and also two mroe specific ones called Ro and La- are considered diagnostic of Sjogren's syndrome. If you don't have them, by definition you do not have the disease. I'm not sure what you mean by your "ducts being blocked" Who told you that? In Sjogren's, the ducts do not become blocked, the glandular tissue is destroyed and no longer produces saliva or tears.
There is no question that stress causes dryness- getting a dry mouth is a well known reaction to anxiety. It is not so well known about the dryness in the eyes but I am living proof that it can be TMS. My eyes are maybe slightly drier than average but they do not bother me or affect my life.
Stop telling yourself you have Sjogren's- particularly if you are diagnosing yourself!

Carolyn
Go to Top of Page

Capn Spanky

112 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  08:27:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carolyn

Jenna,
....It took me a while for me to realize it was TMS- I actually came to the forum and someone told me no it's not TMS, it's Sjogren's so I went away and suffered some more.....

... I can't remember exactly what put the lightbulb on for me but one day I realized that I was suffering so much - such a strong emotional reaction- that is might be TMS. The forum member and the doctor had given me a strong Nocebo effect, allowing me to wallow in my illness. But the bottom line was that once I realized it was TMS, I was able to get rid of it just like the pelvic pain.

A good example of why you shouldn't take medical advice from us!

Thanks for sharing that great story Carolyn. My mom was diagnosed with Sjogren's and has been very supportive of my TMS recovery. I'll have to point her to your and and other success stories.
Go to Top of Page

Jena

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2009 :  13:04:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for all the great responses! Here is an update. I just went to an ENT doctor about my blocked gland and he does feel something. Underneath my tongue where the salivary gland is there is a little white ball at the end. This doctor is making me worry because he said he doesnt think its an autoimmune disease because he feels someting but it can either be a calcium stone or a TUMOR! I am going to another ENT in an hour. I totally believe TMS can cause dry eye and mouth; however, I cant help but refute TMS as my diagnosis because you can actually see my blocked tear gland by looking at my face and feel something in my salivary gland.

My salivary gland is definitely blocked because of how big my submandibular gland gets when I eat. I just hope its not a malignancy. I notice I have no problem applying TMS to back pain because I can rid the pain immediately. When I apply TMS to dry skin, eyes, or mouth I don't see how I can unblock these glands by journaling. I dont know what to think anymore I feel like there is always something wrong with me.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000