TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 food sensitivities, now knee pain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

scd1833

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  16:44:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was doing pretty good, doing yoga everyday to get over my fear of activity, it was causing a little bit of lower back and neck/shoulder pain, but nothing major, I was also trying to get over food sensitivities and was having good success until a week or two ago my right knee started killing me, with tendinitis type symptoms, with no apparent cause. it's like a charley horse in my knee that wont let up. all my neck and back pain are gone, but it's all focused in my knee now. I even had a talk with my self/brain today, and got it to lessen a bit, but it just won't go away, I can barely walk, I KNOW it's TMS, but it;s really hanging on, I think I must have hit a really deep nerve when I took on the food sensitivities issue, I just think it's a big issue with me or it's covering up a really big issue, I just don't know what it is or I think i'd get better

Nightwing

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  20:16:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not sure if I will be of any help, but here goes. First, I am new to this myself, 17 days ago I read Dr. Sarnos book divided mine. I have read 3 others already. I found that my low back pain was 80% better and most of the day I don't experiance any pain, unless I move wrong. I really think it's a fear thing, from being in really bad pain for 6 years. Now that the low back pain has gotten better, I get sharp pain in the front of me where the leg joins the torso. I can get rid of it by talking to my brain. I have also developed really bad pain behind my left knee, after I started running / slow jogging the other day. I understand how you feel, I can't get rid of it either. I am hoping that by reading others stories of success and failures will help, this is why I am responding to your thread.

With my limited experiance, I would say, never say die, keep journaling, keep saying whatever affirmation you recite to yourself, and keep telling your brain to cut it out!!!

Hope you get better and let us know what you do to get better, so we all can benifit.

I believe the cause of the moving pain and continued pain in my low back is from fear and a little dought I have left in the program. I have been journaling for 16 days now and don't keep track of how long it's been, unless I am taliking with someone about it. Dr, Sarno wrote that just knowing that it's in your head is all that is required, but then he tells stories about people who really believed in the program having set backs. They then find out about other anger they have suppressed and the pain goes away. My big question is if knowledge is all that is required, why do people have setbacks and have to find out what they are supressing?

I have noticed sence reading the books, I have not had a headache which i used to get all the time) and I have only had three episodes of heartburn (which i used to get all the time). I know the program works, journal, and talk to my brain all the time.
Go to Top of Page

scd1833

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2009 :  23:27:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
update: I'm finally doing a little better,(50%) but I was having terrible pain, and some swelling and I was just about ready to start using over the counter salves, and considering other types of treatments, because of the pain, but decided to stick with over the counter and prescription pain killers and do a lot of walking, some journaling, reading....today I read "the mindbody prescription" where it says that knee tendinitis is TMS even on occasions where there is swelling present, so I know that it IS TMS, but when it was hurting so much it was really hard to accept that there was no physical cause for the pain. I had really forgotten how intense and painful TMS symptoms can be...about once a year TMS rears it's ugly head like the monster in "Alien" and bites me in the ass (OR knee, neck lower back etc.) I think the reason people continue to have setbacks, is because we are constantly generating anger or fear in everyday life and it can build up and will eventually come near the surface in the form of pain. I think we constantly repress to get along in society and this and other factors, childhood, family, work, relationships, etc. all cause internal conflict, fear and doubt.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000