TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 "Frozen shoulder"- can it be TMS?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hambone

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  06:44:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can frozen shoulder be TMS?

A friend fell from her horse injuring wrist and ribs. She now has "frozen shoulder" caused by "scar tissue" even though she did not injure her shoulder in the fall. Her arm was immobilized for the wrist to heal and now the doctor claims mere disuse caused scar tissue which caused frozen shoulder.

Can this be TMS- I googled frozen shoulder and tms/sarno and got no hits.

My friend will lose her job as game warden if she cannot regain use of her shoulder by September. Please tell me if I should send her down the TMS path.

Many thanks.

STEVEN T HAMBLIN

scd1833

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  08:12:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
frozen shoulder IS TMS. it's mentioned in one of sarno's books, and I have experienced this before I learned of sarno. at the time I worked through it with exercises etc, and it eventually "moved" to another location, but it IS TMS and should be treated as such.
your friend CAN recover and keep her job, if she can accept the concept.
best wishes
Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  23:18:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes, I had it last year, and it was TMS

and I also got something else when it cleared up...

and I noticed how taking care of it with doctors (it was agonizing) definitely gave me some distraction juice

good luck

Love is the answer, whatever the question
Go to Top of Page

phrog

4 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2009 :  16:00:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TMS can show itself as frozen shoulder. I had frozen shoulder a couple years ago - the doctor said it was due to a slight tear in the rotator cuff (which of course did not show up on any of the studies). I should have treated it as TMS. Eventually the pain moved on and returned to my back. I went to re-visit Dr. Sarno (he helped me get back pain free several years earlier). When he learned about the frozen shoulder I had had he told me it was TMS. Your friend would do well to treat it as TMS. The fall from the horse was just a triggering event. Your friend should start looking to her emotions and what's going on in her life for the answer.

Phrog
Go to Top of Page

Peg

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2009 :  09:54:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Hambone,

Not sure if this will help, but I found an old post regarding this condition.

http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4768&SearchTerms=frozen,shoulder,

Best,
Peg

In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual. Galileo Galilei
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000