TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 I think we need a fight
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  01:01:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been noticing how nice everyone is on this Forum recently.

Not that there is anything wrong with that... or is there?

During my first bout with this Forum, a few years back, there were a bunch of lively, contentious - ah - personalities, mud-wrestling with each other. I wished everyone would "just get along," but now all those cantankerous types seem to have moved on. Is this a sign of what really heals us?

Anyone want a fight? (Just kidding - or am i?)

Worried in Tiburon

Love is the answer, whatever the question

forestfortrees

393 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  14:44:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wasn't around back when most of these thousand posting people were around, so I can't claim to know for sure. I think that contention can really draw people in, but I'm not totally sure that that is a good thing. Given that the TMS personality tends to be obsessive, and we don't want an obsession with forum battles to replace an obsession with pain as being the primary way of distracting ourselves from what we want to deal with. I know that I don't personally want to get too sucked into reading long forum threads. I'm pretty happy with things simply being friendly and supportive.

Forest
tmswiki.org
Go to Top of Page

flutterby

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  15:59:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the other hand, Forest, TMS-ers with the 'goodist' trait could perhaps benefit from being a little less preoccupied with being 'nice'!

(or am I just being 'contentious'???!)
Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  17:14:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, really I'm kidding. I like things to remain kind and respectful.

But I have been noticing how enraged a part of me is, and a forum fight almost sounds better than fibromyalgia. Hmm... I'm sure there's another choice

Go to Top of Page

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2009 :  11:50:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
But I have been noticing how enraged a part of me is, and a forum fight almost sounds better than fibromyalgia. Hmm... I'm sure there's another choice

Redirecting Self-Therapy

Hilary N
Go to Top of Page

flutterby

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2009 :  16:54:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I googled Redirecting Self-therapy' and came up with a couple of websites. It sounds very much like an extension of Dr Sarno's 'reservoir of rage' theory - have you tried it, Hilary?.
Go to Top of Page

HellNY

130 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2009 :  20:24:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I have decided that there are just some people that need conflict to fill some void or drama. If they are not here Im glad.

Go to Top of Page

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2009 :  09:49:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Flutterby,

Yes, that's exactly what I thought when I read about it. I did try a few times, e.g. some times when I couldn't sleep I went and punched some cushions and it seemed to do the trick.

But I didn't get into it seriously, due to lack of time and too many other things to try out, e.g. The Presence Process.

scottjmurray is keen on it, too, and there have been a couple of threads on this forum about it, e.g.:
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5478

Hilary N
Go to Top of Page

flutterby

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2009 :  12:48:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Hilary. I was interested as I've been really furious with a neighbour all week and went from wanting to hit him with a fly-swat, through wanting to clobber him with a rounders bat to wanting to flatten him with a railway sleeper! Needless to say, my back has been awful and TPP didn't seem to help at all.

I have to be careful about pounding things because of my osteoporosis so I tried swiping the air instead. Unfortunately, the steak bashing implement I thought would be very suitable had a loose head, which flew off and hit the wall! Fortunately it didn't damage anything. But I found an old clothes brush and swiped away at the air with that for a bit, adding a bit of unrepeatable yelling - and it really did the trick!

My back still hurts though!
Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2009 :  14:09:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
some rage-release methods I've found that are user-friendly:

-baseball bat (even a kid's plastic one) on a couch
-screaming underwater in the tub
-screaming in the car while driving (the person at the light next to you will think you're ---singing - amazing how sound doesn't travel)
-scream silently into your hand, feeling the build-up of pressure like a kind of isometric -feeling of rage transmuting into energy
-lie on the bed and pound and kick with your legs
-shake fists in front of yourself saying NO NO NO

Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2009 :  14:11:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
actually here is the best one, a bit x-rated:

-lie on front on bed and thrust into the bed with pelvis like you're f*ing it

(preferably when your kids won't walk in on you!)

amazing how much reservoir-of-rage energy gets stuck in the pelvis

Go to Top of Page

skizzik

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2009 :  16:56:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: