TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Success Stories
 Dr. Schubiner's Mind body program
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MHI

Canada
13 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2009 :  12:29:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone. I have a question for you. I posted it here because I only want to focus on the success stories. I have been suffering from TMS for over 5 years now. I didn't really know it until about 2yrs ago when it became obvious. I am about to start Dr. Schubiner's program. My doctor totally agrees with the fact that my chronic pain (back pain, leg pain, numbness in legs, hip pain) is related to my anxiety because I have had reoccurrences of back pain when I have started new jobs. In the first case, I took a small dose of effexor and within a few weeks, the pain would go away. I would get off the medication for months and then when a new stressor came about (another new job) the pain would return within days. The last time my back started to hurt (after starting another new job), I refused to take effexor again because I wanted to try and stop the pain without any medications. It has been a year now and my back, leg, hip issues continue. My doctor thinks that I should try using a small dose of effexor again (37.5) as well as take Dr. Schubiner's program. If we are re-programming the brain to stop our reaction to stress, painful emotions, etc, would it not be contradictory to take an anti-anxiety medication. My doctor thinks that as long as I take the program, the medication will only help me. I am unsure what to do.

myles

30 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  10:23:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In my opinion the tool your subconscious is using is the pain. If you want to disable the power of the TMS, anything that stops this pain could help significantly in the short and medium term. Long-term solutions most likely need to inclucde the psychological analysis in my opinion.

I used double doses of aspirin, paracetamol to stop my headaches once I had started journaling, hypno, and reading Sarno's book. Worked great.

I do remember believing painkillers had no effect in the first few months of my headache issues, and I gave up on them. I would think that the TMS might be able to overcome small, uncommitted doses of any of these medications. But a committed dose along with committed psychotherapeutic work surely will help.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000