TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Success Stories
 One Year Anniversary!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

roxygirl577

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2009 :  18:39:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel I have a duty to come back here and say it has officially been one year of being pain free!! This year has gone by so fast, and I've dealt with other problems and stresses so I feel bad that I haven't come back on here all that often, but I am so grateful to everyone on this board, and to Sarno and his books of course and everyone that helped me through my journey of becoming pain free. It has taught me so much and made me the person I am today. To anyone on here that has pain, please don;t ever give up. No matter how small or how big your pain may be, there is ALWAYS hope around the corner.

A little about my long journey at such a young age...

I am now 24 years old. It started when I was 16 and had my wisdom teeth surgery. That left me with horrible tmj, one of the worst cases in the state I live in actually. It got to the point where I was not able to open my mouth wider than 4mm, and my bones on the right side of my tmj completely fused, It was a wall of bone on the side of my head. Well of course, as you can imagine, I had pain in my jaw, neck, later on it spread to my back, lower back, even into my knees. I couldn't even get out of bed at 17, 18, 19 years old. I lost so many jobs, had to quit school. I thought my life was already over. Well short story, a little over a year and a half ago I found sarno and read all his books, did the treatment with the help of a doctor up in seattle that worked with sarno. 6 months later I was healed, the pain went away little buy little and I barely even remember it leaving, it was so gradual. But one morning I woke up and said to myself...I have no more pain. A few months ago I was blessed and received a free surgery from OHSU in portland for my tmj. I now open between 25-35 mm, and that is heaven for me! I can eat again and feel like a 24 year old. The surgery did leave me with some bell's palsy symptoms, so I have facial paralysis on my right side, I can't blink or raise my brow. I look a little off centered but I am healing slowly. I am just so grateful that I have no pain, no matter what i have. I never even took one pain pill after my surgery, I threw them away.

So remember, don;t ever lose hope! Through sarno, his books, this forum, myself, my family and especially Jesus in my life, I made it through and continue to make it. I don't ask for these things, they just get thrown at me and I do my best to make them part of my life and make them exciting =]

Edited by - roxygirl577 on 11/27/2009 18:41:51

Pd245

58 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  16:19:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations on your success!!!! It sounds like you've come a long way and done a lot of work. You should be proud of yourself.

So you had help from a doctor in Seattle who worked with Sarno? I live in Seattle and would love to know who you worked with.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000