TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 32 reads and no comment
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  22:00:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This forum isn't what it used to be. There was so much wonderful feedback and support? What happened? 32 read my post and not one person had anything to say..Makes one feel alone w/ all this.

I have been dealing w/ upper neck/occipital tightness for years. There are muscle spasms i can actually feel when massaging the right side. I want to find a TMS/emotional solution to this. It began in 2002 after a chiro adjustment went awry. It's like i am holding deep tension in there and it won't let up..Last night after an argument w/ my roomie it got much worse, including tingling in my cheeks by my ears..I am still in treatment for the recent fall..I think the treatment sometimes does more harm than good..

I have alot of stress, both positive and negative right now..My CD is coming out and it's dedicated to animal rights. I am excited and hopeful. But, there is soooo much bureaucratic crap i am dealing w/ to get it into a store that is interested..I hate red tape paperwork, etc..i am terrible at it. I am a singer and artist, not a business woman..I also have a CD release party coming up, again positive stress and LOTS of pressure. Been thinking about my mortality and death alot lately as well. Just not myself..Any thoughts would be appreciated..
Hugs,
Karen

Edited by - Singer_Artist on 12/08/2009 10:57:28

Gibbon

United Kingdom
138 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  11:35:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

hang in there....

just imagine how happy you'll be when the cd finally gets released......

now bottle that feeling up and let it carry you through all the current stresses....

pm me if you need any support
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  11:59:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Gibbon..God bless and Happy Holidays to you!
Go to Top of Page

almost there

109 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  12:26:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And I thought I was the only one that noticed and felt that way.......
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  12:43:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad I said something, almost there..You aren't alone..:)
Go to Top of Page

la_kevin

USA
351 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  19:01:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think it's anything weird. It's Christmas month, a lot of people just don't feel to social this time of year.

On top of the OVERWHELMING feeling that the world is going in the toilet from all sides and from all ideologies. (okay I may be projecting).

I personally don't know what to say to anyone anymore myself. I'm going through a "every man for himself" phase. That's my excuse.

---------------------------
"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans"- John Lennon

"TMS is just as afraid of us succeeding, as it is us failing" - Me
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  10:16:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for writing, la Kevin..I understand how you feel..I suppose watching the History channel about how the world will end in 2012 doesn't help either!
Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  19:33:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We're all here with you, Karen. Whether we know it or not, we're with you, and we're all part of the same big Something that is unfolding itself through us and through all of it and we don't need to worry about feeling separate any more.

That's what I'm getting right now.

love to you

Love is the answer, whatever the question
Go to Top of Page

PattiT

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2009 :  03:32:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karen,
I love David Schechter's TMS materials, especially his 30-day workbook. I've done 2 of them and am about to do a third. They are deceptively benign, but actually get to very deep issues. You get at layers of emotion you didn't know existed, but (mostly) in a very tolerable manner.

I'm new to the site and will be as active as I can be.

Don't let the bean counters get you down, girl! Follow your passion. It's only when you give up that they win. Can you afford to hire out the business aspects of your work? Do you have any bean-counting friends who can help you? Remember, nobody's good at everything.

Never give up on your music. What would the world be without artists?
Blessings,
Patti
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2009 :  07:18:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wavy Soul,
Thanks for the love, sweetie..I needed that!

PattiT,
Your encouraging words are very helpful..I won't give up, especially on my art and music..It's this TMS stuff that's driving me nuts..I am under sooo much stress, especially this week and last..Been dealing w/ all the red tape stuff and money issues from the expenses of making the CD..But, I have a big CD release party/art show this Friday, and i am so hopeful. I have combined my 3 favorite things in life besides God, of course! My music, my art and ANIMALS! To save wildlife is my true passion and a portion of the proceeds from my CD are going to animal rights organizations..I feel very excited but also anxious..I have had many art shows, solo and group..But this Friday is all ME..YIKES, the pressure! I am having the weirdest TMS symptoms like tingling in my face, cranium super tight, pains, headache, etc..ALmost didn't make the Vegas Artist Guild CHristmas party last night because of my neck..Yes, Dr. Schecter is great..Saw him once years ago..THanks again!!

Much love to all of you!
~Karen
Go to Top of Page

scd1833

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2009 :  18:51:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm with patti,start journaling, you have a lot of stuff, that you could write about, and getting it on paper lets you look at it, and get some distance form the issues, and see these fears and emotions for what they are.
Go to Top of Page

patils

72 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2009 :  09:29:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
My issue was also neck muscle tightness and it was very irritable.
Just calm down your nervous system. You seems too anxious and result is muscle tightness. Remove anxiety, and you will experience no muscle tightness.

Pain and memory of pain are too different things. I think memory of pain is causing this anxiety. Meditation is the only technique on the earth to detach memory from us. If there is no memory, there will not be any trigger for pain and we will be pain free.

No memory means, using memory when necessary.

Sachin

When all medicines fail, Meditation will help.
Go to Top of Page

catspine

USA
239 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2009 :  15:26:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Singer_Artist
Nice web site and a lot of talent.
Definitely nothing to worry about on that end. May I suggest you get an agent to take care of the tedious part , the benefits might offset the emotional cost of dealing with it yourself and give you more time for your art and consequently your well being.
Passion is a tricky one for it is hard to balance with the rest of daily life especially red tape... and it may be the cause of your stresses. Take one thing at a time if you can. If you're sensitive to music then listen to more of it from all over the world, the kind that pleases the ears . Music from India like 'The Master of the Reed' has interesting soothing calming properties because its architecture is different form the one in our culture, it uses a different path in the brain to reach the relaxation sensors in the body but it's up to your tastes of course. That was just a suggestion.
About mortality and age etc you may want to read a book called Somatics by Thomas Hanna.
Have a lot of fun at your CD release party.
You may want to read a book
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000