TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Finding what works best for you,
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

catspine

USA
239 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2009 :  03:41:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I completely recovered from years of migraines and back problems on my own using Dr Sarno’s and a mix of others pioneers appropriate methods for the latter. I was lucky for I didn’t know then which one would work or not and I found the right one by accident. I was paralyzed from the waist down with tingles in my arms and hands and feet and other severe symptoms. I was out of order had no money no insurance and nowhere to go since I couldn’t move at all and on top of it I live on an island. I did not even know an option to conventional treatment existed.
It did not look good so my wife went to the library for books on insurance and came back without! Instead she found one of Dr Sarno’s books misplaced on the insurance book shelves and brought it back …3 weeks later I was walking and laughing.
Although my back is good as new now I’m still struggling with syndrome imperatives so I began looking at all sorts of approaches "TMS inspired" that would complete the existing knowledge successfully in order to finish the job once and for all… a strange concept when it comes to TMS I suppose. Of course the more I searched the more I found making the choice difficult and time consuming. A solution exists for each and every one of us and I wish there was a simpler but efficient way to select the different options available. This long and uncertain process of elimination seems to be one of the main conversation subjects in this forum. Maybe something can be done to improve that a little bit.
While researching it became obvious that many people who had TMS were pain free but more where still suffering in one way or another and could benefit from this free of charge findings too.
If perfectionists people have relevant skills and are contributing to so much misery for themselves when it results in TMS then we might as well make use of some of it to curb or eliminate the TMS problems.
My hope is that this thread can reveal a better way than hit or miss while dealing with this condition to shorten the process of identifying the best approach. Something like a way to proceed to access what works faster. The good thing is there is hope: I read and learned that most of us who suffer from TMS are high achievers so how could we to achieve this goal? Does anyone know where to start?
Thanks

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2009 :  04:33:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have you looked at the TMS Wiki - a fabulous resource

Love is the answer, whatever the question
Go to Top of Page

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2009 :  16:56:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a good question, catspine. I know some people are angry at how much they spend on treatments that don't work, or frustrated that they don't immediately find the method that works for them, but I look on it as all part of each individual's journey.

Having said that... there's no harm in trying to learn from our experiences to help others get there quicker.

Hilary N
Go to Top of Page

catspine

USA
239 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2009 :  06:36:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks HilaryN
Here is an insight of what it took to get where I'm now.
While suffering from various serious symptoms which conventional doctors available here had problems to diagnose but referred to as possibly TB or in the worst case scenario cancer of the lymphatic system I often asked myself : how could that happen? Over a year ago I was recovering from back problems successfully and got my life back and was feeling pretty good. The different test did not reveal anything else than exposure to TB which fortunately was not active but the symptoms of a mysterious condition were increasing gradually and from then on generated enough questions and anxiety to make things worse. There are so many reasons why this went on for so long that I began to think that it could be a variation of TMS.
Since symptoms appeared it took me a year to be able to identify them as TMS by myself. First the pattern of the symptoms had a sort of ‘déjà vu’ flavor to it although well camouflaged. It is the doctor’s inability to pinpoint to what the problem was really that tipped me off. And even if there was a classic medical reason for my problem it did not explain much more than 30% of the symptoms. This did not make sense. Another oddity was that there were days with and days without: some days I would feel better and couldn’t explain it logically within the boundaries of what was known. When despair and anxiety was high I did not want to take medication and turned to uplifting quotes instead to try to offset the fear factor. To my surprise it worked better than I expected and made me realize that there was another dimension to this mysterious illness.
Later for an unknown reason the ups and downs became more severe and more frequent and new symptoms moved to new areas left alone so far. At this point I realized that the zones affected had something to do somehow with my attempts to find what it could be due to. As if what I heard or read created new symptoms accordingly and more fear or anxiety.
T ime finally worked in my favor as I became more aware of the nature of the symptoms. I had to push where I had not been yet and try to make sense of it. People who are still suffering from it after various successes will probably be able to relate to that. So in order to unlock a few more mysteries I decided to try something new.
In Hawaii some native healers called Kahunas have a very effective technique to release repressed emotions based on a specific way to breathe called Lomi ha. I thought I had nothing to lose and gave it a try: for three hours I released an enormous amount of repressed emotions and it was not pleasant but it all came out.
After understanding that TMS was the cause of my suffering this amazingly completed the healing of my back problems at the time which never returned. When the present symptoms will be fully understood and hopefully decrease and I’ll feel strong enough physically I definitely will try to renew the experience to complete the process.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000