TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Success Stories
 Beating TMS is not my ultimate goal
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

inaned

Bulgaria
28 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  02:54:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does not sound as a success story? Let me tell you what worked for me. After 5 years of low back pain, almost neverending sciatica and fear of permanent disability, reading Sarno's books was a great relief and revelation. All symptomps disappeared in less than 3 weeks, but more important - I stopped being affraid. I enjoyed 18 blissfull pain free months. This was exactly 2 years ago. I've had two relapses since, but I am thankful for them as they helped me realise I was not completely free from fear. I did not panic. In fact, I could not panic, as I knew there was nothing structurally wrong with me. So I kept looking for cure against fear. I read most of the books, referenced in the forum, and found each one of them helpful and inspiring in different ways, the key word here being INSPIRING. The most powerful combination was Eckhart Tolle's "The Power of Now" and Chris MacDougall's "Born to run". I read and re-read them several times over the last four months, before the concept finally sank in and became my own thing. Which, summarized in a few words sounds like: 1) Die before you are dead, and nothing can scare you any longer. 2) Let go of your needs and super ambitions (like beating TMS, or any other disease or situation) and give in to life as it comes. It is as simple as that, once you realize it.

If you have a plane, fly it, don't use it as a scooter.

ukeboy

10 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  20:23:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very deep sir. I really like your insight into TMS. I'm still struggling with Sciatica, which magically switched from right to left, but I fear no more.
Go to Top of Page

inaned

Bulgaria
28 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2010 :  13:24:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad for you Ukeboy, fear's good for nothing. The words of a very wise Greek physician living in Germany seem quite relevant for this forum: "If you get seriously ill but fail to die in 2 months despite all medical treatment, you shall live long years until you finally die of natural causes!"

If you have a plane, fly it, don't use it as a scooter.

Edited by - inaned on 01/18/2010 13:27:56
Go to Top of Page

cindyo6

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  00:06:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
isn't eckhart tolle just incredible? "the power of now" is one of the best books i've ever read. just remarkable. i love his DVD's too. it's wonderful to watch him speak.

cindy

cindy o.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000