TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 what's your TMS history?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

heart a tact

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  23:00:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't seen any threads like this, so I thought I'd start one up.

What's your history with TMS? How long ago did you learn of the mindbody theories? What symptoms have you experienced that you attribute to TMS? What advice do you have for others, and what do you need help with?

What's your story?

I'll go first: I just learned about Dr. Sarno's work two or three weeks ago, while searching for information about chronic epididymitis (inflammation in the scrotum).

I had been experiencing these particular symptoms for about ten months... but looking back, I see that my medical history is full of typical TMS symptoms.

-Chronic sore throats with nasty scabby pus-bubbles throughout high school, which curiously stopped when I got to college.

-A back injury during college that left me with pain for almost a year, until I went backpacking on Spanish beaches for a couple weeks, and it disapeared.

-then most recently, this testicle issue.

-most frustrating, however, has been my habit of grinding my teeth and clenching my jaw while sleeping, causing nasty headaches when I wake up. This happens particularly in times of stress, and sometimes goes away for months at a time. when it's bad, i can barely eat. this is the longest running symptom.

and for years i thought i just had bad luck!

Edited by - heart a tact on 01/28/2010 16:09:25

mala

Hong Kong
774 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2010 :  21:57:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
-A back injury during college that left me with pain for almost a year, until I went backpacking on Spanish beaches for a couple weeks, and it disapeared

Interesting, how bad was the back pain?

Good Luck & Good Health
Mala
Go to Top of Page

heart a tact

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  15:28:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mala

quote:
-A back injury during college that left me with pain for almost a year, until I went backpacking on Spanish beaches for a couple weeks, and it disapeared

Interesting, how bad was the back pain?

Good Luck & Good Health
Mala

the back pain was very, very tricky. i was convinced that sleeping in any position other than flat on my back resulted in terrible pain the next morning. i also avoided sleeping on soft mattresses for the same reason... now i look back and realize that it was all because of my anger and disappointment with the girl I was dating at the time.

if i slept flat on my back, on a floor, and stood up perfectly straight all day, my back was very stiff but the pain was bearable. anything else made me miserable. even my physical therapy didnt help... it actually increased pain.

going on a nice, extended vacation, (study abroad through college) relieved me of the stress and symptoms faded... except for the odd night when I tried to sleep with my girlfriend. then the pain was awful!

i didnt know about TMS at the time, so I was lucky to get the type of life change i needed at that point... now it seems like such obvious TMS! these mindbody disorders are very sneaky.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000