TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 video of me at the gym
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

skizzik

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  11:14:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gav

You're a beast skizzik! Nice work.

well thank you!
Go to Top of Page

skizzik

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  11:22:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PRCalDude

Good job, Skizzik.

About 2 years ago, I started lifting also having gotten sick of not exercising. Just start squatting and DLing. Ignore what your back tells you since it's all BS anyways. Your bench will go up faster if you build your entire body. I'm trying to DL 500 before the end of this year. I'll see if I hit it.

thanx PR,

you too seem to be coming to, or have come to similar conclusions as me after reading your stuff here.

500 is no joke, hope you hit it! I don't see 500 in my future just because of leverage, as I'm tall and lanky. I pulled 405 with no belt or wrist straps myself in the day, and 415 with straps. And that was after I recovered the first time with Sarno.

Last time I tried, a few weeks ago infact, I did 185 for a bunch of reps, and was not good following that. I think that the mind is still wrapped around the fear aspect of it and I'm totally cool with that, and have no reason to rush it. But, I still think about doing it alot, so with baby steps I do think it's part of my future. Though, not caring about wether I ever return to that or not, is also important too I think.

I was squatting (parallel too) 225 at the end of last summer as I posted, and was doing well with it. But I got caught up in "challenging" tms, and tms won.

More recently I've been flirting with 135 since and doing ok. So, I feel upping the weight slowly, and not making a big deal about it will put me back there.
Go to Top of Page

swmr1

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2010 :  08:08:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As an endorphin addict, I enjoyed your vid. However, I found myself wondering where your spotter was! My husband likes to lift and his old partner was lifting one day without a spotter and completely tore his pectoral muscle. The rehab on that one is no fun.

Happy (and healthy) lifting :)
Go to Top of Page

skizzik

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2010 :  23:31:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by swmr1

As an endorphin addict, I enjoyed your vid. However, I found myself wondering where your spotter was! My husband likes to lift and his old partner was lifting one day without a spotter and completely tore his pectoral muscle. The rehab on that one is no fun.

Happy (and healthy) lifting :)

ouch, a torn pec?

nah, I'm sure it was just TMS!

Yeah, I hate spotters, they always touch the bar (so I don't know how much of the work I'm doing) and scream "one more" even if I'm only supposed to do x amount of reps and stop.

In that vid, I figured the dude holding my phone had enuff sense to drop it and help if I needed it, if not, just think how many hits the vid would've gotten on youtube if the bar crashed down a win win situation (ookay, skiz is off his rocker)

4 years ago, post Sarno, pre-relapse, I was doing 240 for my 5th set of 5 reps, and on the 5th set,,,,,yup, got 4 no problem,,,and that last one did'nt want to go up. The gym was mad packed though on that saturday, and I simply layed it on my chest and simply bellowed "help please" and 2 dudes ran over and lifted it up. Embarrasing? well, I mean c'mon, I work out in jean's for pete's sake.

Edited by - skizzik on 03/15/2010 23:32:57
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000