TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Neuropathy...again....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cee

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  17:53:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone,

I have been on the forum before but not for awhile. Everyone has always been so helpful and so I come to you again for help. I have been dealing with bilateral neuropathy (both feet) on and off for the past 6 years- following a surgry that had nothing to do with my feet, but within a couple of weeks of the surgery, I had burning stinging, numbness in both feet. It was steady for three years and then it came and went and the past year I was pretty much free of it and so very happy. I worked hard, but often times questioned the TMS. Well, about 6 weeks ago, the nueropathy came back with a rengence. It hurts to walk, It hurts to stand or to put shoes on or covers at night....it is pure misery. My husband is convinced that I have made this up for "attention" and even told our teeagers that I am "faking" to be the cener of attention. I am so uncomfortable and getting through work is so hard and then sleeping at night is worse. In NO WAY and I making this up or seeking attention. Ifeel that yu are the only group of people that will understand this. I am asking, once again, for your support and your help.

Thank you,
Cee

Cee

Cee

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2010 :  07:57:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh... friend told me to go see a Neurologist and start the whole process over to make sure nothing is wrong and if not then see an Acuupuncurists or Shiastu....what do you think about all that? I have so much in my head and so much pain in my feet? Any thoughts??

Cee
Go to Top of Page

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2010 :  10:49:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cee

Oh... friend told me to go see a Neurologist and start the whole process over to make sure nothing is wrong and if not then see an Acuupuncurists or Shiastu....what do you think about all that? I have so much in my head and so much pain in my feet? Any thoughts??

If you have already been checked out by a neurologist and no problems were found, then why have you had difficulty treating it as TMS?

It is your choice, of course, but if you go down that path, you effectively dismiss the idea that your pain is TMS. You really cannot have it both ways: either you go down the physical path, or treat the pain as TMS.
Go to Top of Page

Cee

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2010 :  11:58:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was diagnosed as bi-lateral neuropathy with no known cause (idiopathic?). Then I read 2 posts from a ways back where two woman had neuropathy occur after hysterectomy, just as I did. I am in so much pain and I guess, I am pushing panic buttons. My husband has had it and said to get it checked or get out. I really appreciate your reply.
Thank you

Cee
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000