TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 anxiety and roving symptoms
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fadoozle

33 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  16:09:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

I have struggled on and off with TMS, mostly with equivalents which at the moment are:

anxiety (feeling that I cannot think clearly, or write clearly, or remember things, feeling dumb and out of it, feeling that I cannot cope with simple tasks like cooking dinner or paying bills, having no appetite)
weird pain and cracking sounds behind my ears
GERD
headaches
trouble sleeping

I also have ulcerative colitis which is currently flaring and not responding to medication as it has in the past.

I do not want to take anti-anxiety medications but I don't know what to do. It's been about four weeks since it's been this bad. New symptoms emerge and rove and meanwhile I am barely functional. Any advice?

hopeacres

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  19:38:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Have you thought of doing Dr. Howard Schubiner's program? He has a new book out called Unlearn Your Pain and his entire program is in the back of his book. I went through his program after MANY years of TMS and had excellent results along with sticking with writing, counseling and learning to retrain my brain to truly rest.

Praying for you!
Go to Top of Page

Cee

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2010 :  08:05:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have suffered with anxiety most of my adult life...probably as a teenager too, looking back. Anyway, I have tried most anti-anxiety meds ( I hate meds...but I hate anxiety and I have to work two jobs)...I reacted poorly to almost all meds. Maybe because I fear them, maybe because I am so sensitive to medication. At any rate, the only one I seemed to accept okay was Klonopin and at a very small dosage. I, unfortunatley, have been on it for years and years.
I wish I had known about all these other programs first. There is a great Behavioral/Cognitive program at Boston University that is known for success with Anxiety and related symptoms and uses no meds. There are similar programs througout the country.
I wish you all the best and if you need to chat, please feel free to contact me.

Cee

Cee
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000