TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Gosh darn it!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2010 :  21:31:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Every time I return to the board to visit, I get a little.

I just worked through an interesting issue.

Right after I dropped by last time, to check in, so did a quick little relapse.

I have been having a tough time at the plate. My eyes aren't picking up the fastballs like they used to. On a 100 degree day, during a doubleheader, I hit a bloop single to right and pulled up 'lame' at first base. I had been hitting poorly up until then (rage..embarrassment)
I think it's dehydration and I ignore it. I try to finish the games, but by the 8th inning of the second game, I'm limping so bad, my coach pulls me (shame, humiliation)
I keep trying to ignore it, but it sort of comes and goes... from minor irritation, to barely able to walk.(relative to work/relationship/stress, not what activity I'm engaged in)
I keep plodding through.
After limping around for a few weeks, I begin to get concerned...not because I really think there is anything wrong with me..because I don't have a clue what triggered this episode????? Anger? Shame? Loneliness?

So I hit the books again. It's amazing how it keeps working over and over.

In the meantime, I saw a doctor on an unrelated issue, and he asked about my limp. He wanted to look at it and diagnosed it as a 'strain'...what is a strain? Nothing. it's TMS.

He insisted on prescribing an anti-inflammatory (they can't help themselves)... I insisted on reviewing and staying focused on the psychological. I wadded up the scrip and chucked it in the bin.

I realized how angry I am that my vision isn't what it used to be. I realized I'm angry about being more like a dad than a player (conscientiousness) and I realized that I'd rather play music and baseball than be a minion of some micro-managing morons at work. I stayed focused on THAT and it was gone before I expected it to be....

it's the gift that keeps on giving.

It's gone, but it was a neat little reminder that if we don't stay a bit vigilant, it can sneak up on us....

hogs and quiches
bb65
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000